Hyundai Forums banner

Permanent tie-down loops

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Hyundaifan0001 
#1 ·
Does anyone know if it is possible to buy and install permanent tie-down loops in the front and back of a Santa Fe Sport to tie down loads and boats?

Most vehicles have permanent loops equipped, but hyundai's sport utility vehicle does not. I'm miffed. Can anyone help?

#3 ·
Thanks.
I was looking for something more permanent though.

Also, there is no place in the trunk to attach those rubber tubes. That means they have to hang out of the hatch back, meaning all the force is on the trunk latch. Is that the only way to do it?

#4 ·
Well, I put a hitch on my SFS, so I use that for the rear tie down ni use two of the hood tie downs up front, do I have a sorts “A” arrangement from the front of the kayak to the hood. I consisdeted using one front & rear, but I wanted more stability up front. I think the tie down loop in the back, under the “trunk” hatch would be sufficient. The front should carry most of the load, should the straps across the bow come loose.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.