Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have anything done to there 2.4's im just shopping around if i dont get a dsm i to start doing little things like exhaust and intake anyone have any good exhausts on there cars?

·
Registered
43 Posts
cai which you have to get an exhaust shop to make you one or get spectre tubes and make one yourself dont keep the filter in the engine bay its stupid. take it down to the driver side fog light. i have magnaflow cat back custom y pipe, 2.5 in with dual tips and a 18 in resonator magnaflow. also i did slight bumper cuts myself and sanded and polished the edges. go to youtube type in 2.4 sonata with magnaflow and 18 in res. you will see the back of a blue car on a lawn. use head phones sounds bad ass.

·
Registered
43 Posts
i think its part # 14216 center in center out

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ive heard the one with magnaflow exhaust it sounds amazing i was planning on buying a diffuser for an se and putting it on my gls so i would have to cut anything

·
Registered
326 Posts
Anyone have anything done to there 2.4's im just shopping around if i dont get a dsm i to start doing little things like exhaust and intake anyone have any good exhausts on there cars?
Personally I think trying to do any sort of what you are trying to call performance mods on an engine using electronically controlled direct injection is basically a waste of money unless it has a turbo and then you could get some improvement in turbo lag, etc but even that is going to probably be minor. Unless you modify the fuel map in the ECM all you are doing is basically changing things for change sake. Even the intake system at least in my 2013 is already as close to a CAI as you can get taking air from the top front of the vehicle.

Larry

·
Registered
328 Posts
Concept III CAI or Injen both are nice, I have the Concept III. SFR makes a custom tune for 2.4s and 2.0s increasing tq and hp but like 10-15, improves MPG, and throttle response. Borla also makes a CBE but i thinks its a waste IMO. Its polished stainless steel piping thats the same size as the stock exhaust with borla mufflers and tips. I went axle back, sounds the same only cheaper. Magnaflows FTW

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Here's my experience: Flowmaster axle back; way too loud and terrible drone. Magnaflow axle back; loud and drone is bad. Stock; too quiet, no drone. What's a guy to do?

·
Registered
386 Posts
went with CPE catback!! the only things is that it a 3 inch exhaust and in my case my stock exhaust is 2 inch but the sound is deep and I love it!! need and ecu tune now to get the best out of my concept III intake and CPE catback!!

·
Registered
328 Posts
went with CPE catback!! the only things is that it a 3 inch exhaust and in my case my stock exhaust is 2 inch but the sound is deep and I love it!! need and ecu tune now to get the best out of my concept III intake and CPE catback!!
Do you have a turbo? 3 inch exhaust on a naturally aspired car is not good, you'll lose back pressure making you lose power.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Do you have a turbo? 3 inch exhaust on a naturally aspired car is not good, you'll lose back pressure making you lose power.
nop not turbo and dont feel like any lost but yeah maybe a little less but compared to the stock exhaust tip and sound I really dont care and when my warranty expired ill go for the mid pipe too an maybe by then the turbo kit will be more efficent and less expensive!! soo I did this to first have a better look second have a better sound and third got this exhaut with a GB so cost me less and its another step in the direction I want my car to go:D

·
Registered
386 Posts
i have the cpe mid pipe and exhaust.. im not into speed sp could care less if i loose a lil hp..lol. But to me I feel Like I have not lost any.. What I did gain is a nice sound.. waiting for breakin still though. I also have a Concept 3 SRI
told you the sound was pretty nice :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts