Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm my quest for CATs delete, I'm seeking for performance headers, such as these ones :

Exhaust manifold Automotive exhaust Auto part Exhaust system Pipe

These are for a 07-08 GK TUSCANI GT/GTP/SE 2.7 V6. The TUSCANI / TIBORON engine is the G6BA engine, belonging to the Delta engine Family.

On my Santa Fe, the V6 engine is the G6EA, from the MU family, if I'm correct : https://memim.com/hyundai-mu-engine.html

As far as I understand, the differences between these 2 engines are just internals, including CVVT in the MU family.

So, should that mean that these headers can match my engine,

Anybody can confirm my conclusions, or let me know if I'm wrong somewhere?

Also, if someone knows where I can find such headers for my Santa, you're welcome to share the address ;)

Someone also heard about what is called "African headers" or "African exhaust" for the CM Santa Fe?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Did you get anywhere on this question Matuva? I was also looking for an aftermarket exhaust solution for my 2.7L V6 Santa Fe. Not for performance reasons, just because the OEM replacement components for this vehicle are an absolute fortune!

If anyone is aware of an exhaust setup from another vehicle that would work on a front-wheel drive, 5-speed standard, 2.7L V6 Santa Fe, I'm all ears.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No replies yet.
The seller himself doesn't know.

I'm saving a bit of money, and I will take a bet on it and order one setup next month and do my guinea pig. Cross fingers!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Sounds good, let me know how you make out with it....and take some pictures :)

Thanks

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sent several mails to sellers, and tried to get in touch with Hyundai Korea to try to find out wether MU and Delta engines have similar exhaust ports, so they can interchange headers.

Wait and see ...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.