Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried this in their Santa Fe? They have Stage 1, 2 and 3.

Performance OBD Chip

I was considering stage 1. Mainly looking to see if I could improve the fuel economy on the highway. Not worried much about added power as it seems fine as is. But I am always skeptical of the claims on these things

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
Stage 1, 2 or 3 will all do the same thing. Make your pocket book lighter.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Hmm very interesting and didn’t know it’s available for our SF. This is pretty much a piggy back type chip and I have use the Lap 3 chip with 93 octane on my previous Kia Optima turbo and it’s pretty good. Not so sure how this chip will perform as I never heard of them before!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have used chips on my diesels before and they do a LOT! But diesels are a different ballgame with turbos and such.

I have also used a chip on some older GM gas engines and they worked well. Advanced timing and remap fuel etc to create power that is noticeable.

That said - I am not looking for power. Just would like to improve MPG a little if possible by remapping the CVVT and such.

I will try the Stage 1 probably and see.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Keep in ind that such alterations make future diagnostics for just about anything questionable. We will not touch a vehicle that has altered software without a firm understanding that there are no guarantees on the diagnostics or repairs because YOU chose to modify the vehicle. And yes, we CAN tell it is or was in there :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Best case: It does nothing.
Worst case: It causes all sorts of problems, and your remaining vehicle warranty (if any) is voided.

If your car is out of warranty and you're feeling adventurous, well...

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Haha. You guys are very worried about the warranty. I guess I don't keep cars long enough to worry about it. Anyway, I have had one in my car running now for the last 4 days. It has so far improved the MPG about 1.5 per gallon and the car holds the gear better without downshifting every slight bump of the throttle. We shall see over another week or two how it does. So far, it seems to be working well on my objective of improvement of MPG.

Like I said, I do not care about added power. So I am only using the Stage 1 with 87 octane fuel and it is all I will use. The Santa Fe 7 seater is a pig for fuel for what it is. So hope this helps it a little.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts