Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got these in today and will be putting them on tomorrow.

I put these on my Sonata (not same ones) a week ago and my daughter said she had to have them so ......

Fridays Project!

Attachments

·
22,793 Posts
Andrew installed some of those on Emma and they look great!

·
22,793 Posts
Five weeks for a 3-pedal install! Not too bad! LOL (I'm messing with you) Daughter's happy, that's all that matters, right dad? ;)

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
See this list to the left
<
My Sonata ranks 1rst
Wife's Genesis 2nd (Don't tell her that)
Daughter's Elantra 3rd
Son's Sonata 4th

5 weeks of persistent nagging finally got me to do it. The hold up was the drill bits. I broke all my small ones doing my pedals LOL. A very productive trip to Autozone fixed that and I found an AWESOME steering wheel cover for my car.

My daughter now has a roof spoiler, sub-frame bushings and an activated charcoal cabin filter on the way. Daddy spoilers her. Maybe by this time next year they will be done.;)

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
Andrew installed some of those on Emma and they look great!
Mine are actually the OEM pedals that (at the time) were only available on the Korean market Avante sedan. Now they're on the GT and coming on the 2014 as standard on the new Sport trim level. These look similar to mine but they aren't the same.

·
Registered
525 Posts
^ Wow, really nice! :eek: Those are yours, right, Gator?
Thanks, and yes that is my car. They are not covers, it's a complete pedal replacement and same ones that are on the GT. I think it was silvergls that posted some info on these along with very detailed installation instructions. I think this is what Andrew has as well. Put them on about a year ago.

·
Registered
157 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Oh, what the heck. I ordered a set from ebay. For that price it's a great deal. Free shipping might take a while, but I'll wait.

Keep us posted on the install jacktechie.

·
supporting vendor
246 Posts
eBay always wins -.- Man those are some crazy prices!

·
Registered
525 Posts
This Pedal Set a Little Different

Possibly the OEM Metal Pedal Sets come in different configurations because the OEM set I purchased over a year ago included the complete accelerator electronic assembly as opposed to just the pedal section as is the case with this current set on Ebay.

2011 Hyundai Elantra Avante Aluminum Manual Sports Pedal 1 Sets Genuine Parts | eBay

The first photo is my original pedal set which was replaced with the new set complete with the electronic assembly. As you can see, the accelerator pedal included the entire electronic assembly. The second photo is the accelerator pedal from the current Ebay listing. It consists of just the pedal portion. Understandably, there is a considerable price difference as my set was $85 which included shipping while this current set is $39.99 including shipping.

This new set will work perfectly it will just be a little different installation. My set with the complete electronic assembly was total swap-out while with this current set you will need to transfer a couple of components from the old pedal to the new pedal but you will still need to completely remove your existing assembly in order to move the parts over.

The first part that needs to be moved from the old pedal to the new one is the lower part of the pedal. (Photo #3 Red Outline). As you will see, I removed this part to see how difficult it would be and it is fairly easy. (Photos 4 & 5) When you look at the back of the pedal you will see that you need to raise a little tab and the part will slide out from the bottom of the pedal.

The next part is going to be a little more challenging. Photo #6. This section of the pedal consists of a couple of different pieces which comprise a ball & socket. The socket part will pop out from the assembly arm fairly easily by inserting a small flat screwdriver in the rectangular slots on either side of the assembly arm. Photo #7. The socket will easily slide off the ball (Photo #8)

This next part will be a little more challenging. You will need to pop the ball part out from the old pedal.(Photo #9) and pop into the new pedal. I tried popping this out a little but did not want to force it out. It is a tight fit and the plastic is fairly rigid but I am confident it can be done without damage. After that, place socket part over the ball and pop the socket assembly back into the arm.

From there just reinstall the accelerator assembly back into the car.

Hope this helps when it comes time for installation.

I think $39.99 is a great price for these pedals and you really don't need the electronic part of the pedal unless you want your original accelerator pedal assembly to be a complete spare.

Attachments

·
Registered
808 Posts
Possibly the OEM Metal Pedal Sets come in different configurations because the OEM set I purchased over a year ago included the complete accelerator electronic assembly as opposed to just the pedal section as is the case with this current set on Ebay.

2011 Hyundai Elantra Avante Aluminum Manual Sports Pedal 1 Sets Genuine Parts | eBay

The first photo is my original pedal set which was replaced with the new set complete with the electronic assembly. As you can see, the accelerator pedal included the entire electronic assembly. The second photo is the accelerator pedal from the current Ebay listing. It consists of just the pedal portion. Understandably, there is a considerable price difference as my set was $85 which included shipping while this current set is $39.99 including shipping.

This new set will work perfectly it will just be a little different installation. My set with the complete electronic assembly was total swap-out while with this current set you will need to transfer a couple of components from the old pedal to the new pedal but you will still need to completely remove your existing assembly in order to move the parts over.

The first part that needs to be moved from the old pedal to the new one is the lower part of the pedal. (Photo #3 Red Outline). As you will see, I removed this part to see how difficult it would be and it is fairly easy. (Photos 4 & 5) When you look at the back of the pedal you will see that you need to raise a little tab and the part will slide out from the bottom of the pedal.

The next part is going to be a little more challenging. Photo #6. This section of the pedal consists of a couple of different pieces which comprise a ball & socket. The socket part will pop out from the assembly arm fairly easily by inserting a small flat screwdriver in the rectangular slots on either side of the assembly arm. Photo #7. The socket will easily slide off the ball (Photo #8)

This next part will be a little more challenging. You will need to pop the ball part out from the old pedal.(Photo #9) and pop into the new pedal. I tried popping this out a little but did not want to force it out. It is a tight fit and the plastic is fairly rigid but I am confident it can be done without damage. After that, place socket part over the ball and pop the socket assembly back into the arm.

From there just reinstall the accelerator assembly back into the car.

Hope this helps when it comes time for installation.

I think $39.99 is a great price for these pedals and you really don't need the electronic part of the pedal unless you want your original accelerator pedal assembly to be a complete spare.
Thanks for posting those pics, now I understand the price difference, the sets I was looking at must have the complete assembly.
One question I have is how did you attach the aluminum footrest over the original black plastic one? Pictures I have seen seem to involve drilling a hole through both and screwing it down which to me detracts from the look

thanks

·
Registered
525 Posts
Thanks for posting those pics, now I understand the price difference, the sets I was looking at must have the complete assembly.
One question I have is how did you attach the aluminum footrest over the original black plastic one? Pictures I have seen seem to involve drilling a hole through both and screwing it down which to me detracts from the look

thanks
First Off, Everything else regarding the Ebay Pedal Set is the same except the accelerator electronic assembly is exactly as what I have and are indeed genuine Hyundai OEM.

The original Dead Pedal/Foot Rest pulls off from the top, you pull it towards you. There is a little compression fastener that protrudes from the back of the pedal (see left circle on photo) Then you slide the pedal up which brings the little blade up out of a slot in the bottom of the mount. (left circle in photo) Real easy to do. You actually remove the original pedal and replace it with the new metal covered pedal.

I think most if not all pedal covers are screwed on which requires drilling a pilot hole. The OEM pedals for the accelerator and dead pedal are not covers they are pedal replacements.

Attachments

·
Registered
808 Posts
First Off, Everything else regarding the Ebay Pedal Set is the same except the accelerator electronic assembly is exactly as what I have and are indeed genuine Hyundai OEM.

The original Dead Pedal/Foot Rest pulls off from the top, you pull it towards you. There is a little compression fastener that protrudes from the back of the pedal (see left circle on photo) Then you slide the pedal up which brings the little blade up out of a slot in the bottom of the mount. (left circle in photo) Real easy to do. You actually remove the original pedal and replace it with the new metal covered pedal.

I think most if not all pedal covers are screwed on which requires drilling a pilot hole. The OEM pedals for the accelerator and dead pedal are not covers they are pedal replacements.
Thanks FloridaGator,
Yes I want to get the pedal replacements, to me the bolted on ones look tacky......but that's just my opinion, to each there own.
To be honest I didn't really follow your instructions for the dead pedal, however im going to take your word for it being straightforward ;)
There are other pedal kits on ebay that I like, they have "Tucson" written on the accelerator pedal Automatic Excel Brake Pedal for Hyundai 10 IX35 | eBay

unfortunately these do not come with the dead pedal replacement

·
Registered
525 Posts
There are other pedal kits on ebay that I like, they have "Tucson" written on the accelerator pedal Automatic Excel Brake Pedal for Hyundai 10 IX35 | eBay
Yes, Those look nice. A more streamlined look.

With the dead pedal. You just place a few finger tips behind the top of the pedal, grab it and give it a good quick tug. The pin on the back of the pedal will pop out of the mount.

Here is the link to one of the original threads regarding the metal pedals and the installation instructions.

http://www.hyundai-forums.com/231-md-2011-elantra/144418-kdm-aluminum-pedal-set-diy.html

1 - 20 of 43 Posts