Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok Im about a week to two weeks away from getting the Sonata and wanted some opinions from Pearl white owners on how the car handles dirt?

So how is it? Are you constantly cleaning it? Is it highly visible? Does it appear different in sunny/dark situations?

how about Florida residents, does it get very ugly when its lovebug season? or bugs in general?

Thank you :)

·
Registered
738 Posts
I have had mine since Mar and love it. YES it appears different when the sun is shining as you can see metal flake.... It has more flaking than any of the other colors IMHO. On a non sunny day it appears bright white.....

I am surprised that it doesn't seem to show the dirt as much as I thought it would....

Now I am an OCD person, I even wipe the sink and faucets with a towel after washing my hands.

Bugs like to bonzai into the front of car but I believe it is the design and not the color so much.

I had my car TST'd (which they claim is the same as teflon) Supposed to be good for 5 years if I remember right.

The only thing extra I do for my car is check the front after putting it into the garage and wipe off the dead bugs.

They wipe off very easily after the TST. It literally only takes 20 - 30 seconds.

I was torn between Venetian Red and Pearl White and told my dealer I would take whichever he got in first and Pearl White was first. I would definitely buy the color again if given the chance.....

Looks especially great after tinting.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I thought about buying a white SE, but none of the local dealers had one, so got the silver blue which I really like.
Looks great with the tint.

I don't think lovebugs are attracted to any particular color.
You just smash into them while they're flying around.
My sister has a silver Azera, and the front bumper of car gets loaded with them.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (Mr.Wonderful @ Nov 1 2010, 02:42 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=367991
I don't think lovebugs are attracted to any particular color.
LOL, i do know they are not attracted to any particular color just wanted to know if looks extremely disgusting.. lol. im new to florida. Thanks for the replies guys.

·
Registered
110 Posts
QUOTE (BiGMERF @ Nov 1 2010, 01:46 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=367967
Ok Im about a week to two weeks away from getting the Sonata and wanted some opinions from Pearl white owners on how the car handles dirt?

So how is it? Are you constantly cleaning it? Is it highly visible? Does it appear different in sunny/dark situations?

how about Florida residents, does it get very ugly when its lovebug season? or bugs in general?

Thank you :)
I live in Florida on the beach. Parking is coverd but open on sides and ends. The Pearl White is the easiest color to keep clean of all the cars I have owned. It never looks dirty, the windows are the only clue that the car needs a wash. It is a spectacular color in the sun, I wouldn't even consider another color if I were you. For $200 its a must have color. Add some window tint, dark as you dare, and you'll be very happy. I let my tint guy talk me out of 15 front and back and went with the legal tint. He has had a lot of cutomers who have been ticketed.

·
Registered
98 Posts
QUOTE (Quigley21 @ Nov 1 2010, 02:00 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=367974
I have had mine since Mar and love it. YES it appears different when the sun is shining as you can see metal flake.... It has more flaking than any of the other colors IMHO. On a non sunny day it appears bright white.....

I am surprised that it doesn't seem to show the dirt as much as I thought it would....

Now I am an OCD person, I even wipe the sink and faucets with a towel after washing my hands.

Bugs like to bonzai into the front of car but I believe it is the design and not the color so much.

I had my car TST'd (which they claim is the same as teflon) Supposed to be good for 5 years if I remember right.

The only thing extra I do for my car is check the front after putting it into the garage and wipe off the dead bugs.

They wipe off very easily after the TST. It literally only takes 20 - 30 seconds.

I was torn between Venetian Red and Pearl White and told my dealer I would take whichever he got in first and Pearl White was first. I would definitely buy the color again if given the chance.....

Looks especially great after tinting.

+1 except for the OCD part :grin:

·
Registered
54 Posts
One thing Ill add, it shows dirt very quickly on the back end bumper truck areas. I do love the Pearl though.

·
Registered
713 Posts
My Nissan Rogue is phantom white which is almost the same as the pearl white. They hardly ever look dirty. It's funny how most people think white is a hard color to keep clean, but it's actually the easiest. Coming from a black G35 I can say it's no contest.

Ray

Attachments

·
Registered
512 Posts
I wash mine about every 2 weeks, and drive 140 miles a day. I park outside, and the parking lot at work can get dusty. The only time it really looks dirty, is when dirt gets wiped off in a spot, and even then it is not bad, I will only own white after having a black truck for several years.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
I had a 2004 altima that was a white satin pearl, if its the same concept as what I had then I personally would stay clear from it. Base+ pearl +clear = pain in the **** to fix, you need to paint large parts of the car to blend it correctly.

If its painted differently, like where the pearl is mixed in with the white then Id say go for it. I loved that color.

·
Registered
141 Posts
It seems like white would be one of the top choices for someone living in the south with hot sun.
As someone mentioned before ,the rear is a dust magnet.
It might be due to the aerodynamic design.
A rear lower diffuser or a trunk spoiler might solve the problem.
I like the white because it brings out the body lines ,especially in the front ,but it does make the rear look bulky.

·
Registered
854 Posts
White is the best color to hide dings, dents, scratches. White is also the easiest to keep clean looking.

That's my professional opinion :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts