Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does it make any sense to address the throttle position code first? Would that help the forced shutdown? Or not have any effect? If I address the PCM issue, will that affect the throttle code? I just don't know what to handle first.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,940 Posts
There is a Hyundai tech bulletin advising that the PCM should be replaced when P2105 & P0605 are logged together. I think it's TSB 13-FL-001.
Try a search of the forum for the two codes. I'm sure I've seen posts about this issue before.

Regards.
Scott.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I saw both tech bulletins. It took to see them in their entirety. I wanted to be covered, but I'm a second owner since 2012. Thanks so much. It looks like a pcm replace. The pcm will need a flash at least to enter Vin I'd imagine. I'd like to get around that and just plug and play. Do you know a source to get that done without a dealer and high cost?

·
Registered
2014 SFS 2.4l
422 Posts
I saw both tech bulletins. It took to see them in their entirety. I wanted to be covered, but I'm a second owner since 2012. Thanks so much. It looks like a pcm replace. The pcm will need a flash at least to enter Vin I'd imagine. I'd like to get around that and just plug and play. Do you know a source to get that done without a dealer and high cost?
Usually an auto-diagnostic shop or mechanic with a Hyundai GDS (or someone else with the bootleg clone who also knows what they're doing) would be able to do it. I'd start by searching for diagnostic shops in your area and asking them what they would charge then go from there. Really shouldn't be more than an hours' worth of work.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the tip for what to be looking for. I am working on finding someone who can flash it. Where would you buy this thing? On eBay there are several. It's like pot luck in a way. The cleaner the pic looks about 100-200 look like the safest bet with someone who looks legit. I have not huge confidence there, but I'll buy one if that's what it is. Junkyard type of parts is another way to go which eBay can be that too. Any suggestions?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts