Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced the driver's side, interior door handle in my Daughter's 2007 Sonata. It was a straightforward and simple job and the door handle works great now. The only problem is that now the passenger side window will not work with either switch. I removed the driver's side door panel again and made sure the connector was seated properly and no loose wires that I could find. All three other windows work fine. Help!!!

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
For giggles,, verify the window lock button isn't pushed down to lock out windows..

Reactions: hmr1979

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,326 Posts
Did you check all the windows were working before you started work on the driver's door? Could this fault have been there before you replaced the handle?

It's probably one of the two switches that's faulty, but which one? If you still have the door trim off you could do a bypass test on the driver's door switch to see if the window moves. If it does you know the driver's door switch is faulty. If it doesn't, that's pointing to the passenger door switch.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not sure that it was working right before I worked on the handle, but it had been working prior to that. Will one faulty switch cause the other to not work?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts