Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.. Hope anybody can help with this querie.

My Passenger side window on the H1 has an intermittent fault - It will open but sometimes dosn't close.

I have renewed the motor and assembly and Renewed the switch on the passenger door.

I fitted the new switch which successfully closed the window - I then tried the old switch which worked!

The window opened and closed successfully for a few hours but has now stopped again.

I can only conclude from my limited experience that the switch and motor assembly are ok and that there is another fault possible a grounding..

ANY help would be appreciated from members..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Which switch is intermittent? If it's the one right on the passenger door then it could be a ground thing. If it is the remote switch on the driver's door then I would look for a broken wire where the harness passes from the body into the passenger door. Had this on my wife's car. The door locks worked when the door was closed but failed when the door was open. Two wires in the harness had broken over time from years of the door being opened and closed. For you one could be a ground wire. hhhhmmmm….

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
Hello.. Hope anybody can help with this querie.

My Passenger side window on the H1 has an intermittent fault - It will open but sometimes dosn't close.

I have renewed the motor and assembly and Renewed the switch on the passenger door.

I fitted the new switch which successfully closed the window - I then tried the old switch which worked!

The window opened and closed successfully for a few hours but has now stopped again.

I can only conclude from my limited experience that the switch and motor assembly are ok and that there is another fault possible a grounding..

ANY help would be appreciated from members..
Need more info,,,

Best practices for requesting help:

* If you haven't done so fill in your vehicle info and profile page. Shows up to the left
* Be sure you are in the correct forum for your vehicle.
* Do a search for your problem. A lot of stuff has been asked and answered.
* Do not double post for the same problem.
* Give the model year....Engine size...transmission type (auto or standard)
* VIN number can be very helpful.
* Did you buy the vehicle new, if not, how many miles were on it when purchased? How many miles on it now?
* Describe the problem the best you can.
* Tell us what has been tried, if anything.
* If the vehicle has been to a repair facility it would be nice if you can scan or take picture of the bill and attach it to the post.
* If your vehicle is under warranty you should have the dealer check it out. If it's an issue they see many times they will generate a safety recall or do a TSB. This is how they know.

This information can save a lot of time and get you the answers you need much faster.

Thanks,
Welcome aboard.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts