Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone!

So I was involved in a small fender bender this morning and the only damage was to my passenger side mirror. The housing cracked. The glass is fine and so is the motor to adjust the mirror. I only need to replace the plastic housing.

The car is a 2012 Santa Fe GLS, and I can't seem to find online just the plastic part, only the whole mirror. Do they only come as one piece or is it possible to just buy the plastic housing?

Also do you recommend any particular sites to purchase from? I found a whole mirror on Amazon for $63.00 and that seems to be the best price for the whole unit, but i'm sure just the plastic part is less expensive.

Thanks!

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
You can get the glass and motor assembly separately, but I've never seen a separate P/N for just the housing. A junkyard might or might not beat the $63 price. Better chance for the right paint match that way, too. Hard to believe the Amazon is OEM -- a Hyundai part, even from a discount dealer, is a lot more than $63 (more like $150).

·
22,793 Posts
There is a junk dealer association that you can reach out to online. You give them your email, year/make/model/ and description of the part you're looking for.

The email goes out to the various salvage yard membership. They search their data bases and respond back if they have one meeting your particular needs and a price with shipping. Try googling "salvage yards" and see what get listed on the results.

Being a relatively new model, you may not get very many responses. But you never know. Worth a try.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)

·
Retired Staff
11,818 Posts
Are you sure your vehicle has non heated mirrors? Even my Elantra mirrors are heated

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are you sure your vehicle has non heated mirrors? Even my Elantra mirrors are heated
Hmmm, there is no on/off switch for them. I should probably check the book and make sure it's not automatic when I turn on a defroster or something though...Thanks.

·
22,793 Posts
I bought an ant farm. Now I don't know where I'm gonna find a tractor that small.
LAMO :laughing: This hit me a the right time. Had to brace myself from falling out of the chair from bending over double with tears in my eyes. :thumbsup:

·
22,793 Posts
Absolutely. And, you've hit upon it! Rear defroster switch. Bingo!

Hmmm, there is no on/off switch for them. I should probably check the book and make sure it's not automatic when I turn on a defroster or something though...Thanks.
I do believe you figured it out! :thumbsup:

·
22,793 Posts
Canderson,

This is the mirror I found on Amazon. As far as I can tell it looks the same.
What do you think?

Amazon.com: TYC 7750031 Hyundai Santa Fe Non Heated Power Replacement Passenger Side Mirror: Automotive
Couldn't get the link to work but no problem. Went to Amazon and searched it out. Lots of mirrors on there (heated and non-). And those prices were pretty reasonable in my opinion. Painting will be the only requirement left to do.

If it's a smooth crack in the housing, is intact for the most part (no section protrudes over another), there are the aftermarket chrome mirror covers that fit over the mirror body. Might be a cheaper alternative. Only a suggestion for illustration purposes: http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHROME-SIDE-DOOR-WING-MIRROR-COVER-TRIM-FOR-07-08-09-10-11-12-HYUNDAI-SANTA-FE-/380845819140?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A2012%7CModel%3ASanta+Fe&hash=item58ac2e0504&vxp=mtr

1 - 11 of 11 Posts