Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed the other night that my lights seemed very dim without the main beam turned on and after checking it seems the smaller bulb on my passenger side is not working.

I've checked fuse box by the driver door and can't see any that have blown and took it down to halfords to have the bulbs replaced (although thinking they only changed the large one) and it still not coming on.

Is there anything else should check before taking it into my local dealer?

·
Banned
1,850 Posts
took it down to halfords to have the bulbs replaced (although thinking they only changed the large one) and it still not coming on.

Is there anything else should check before taking it into my local dealer?
I'd be checking on the work already done first.

And then make an effort to be more specific when you take something in to be worked on. ;)

It just about has to be one of 3 things: Bulb, socket or wiring/connectors.

P.S. If I understand this correctly, that is NOT a headlight but only a daytime running light.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd be checking on the work already done first.

And then make an effort to be more specific when you take something in to be worked on. ;)
No work has been done, I took it down to my local Halfords to try replacing the bulb, they offer a fitting service when you buy bulbs, wipers and such.

There not a mechanics, just a shop that will do basic fittings which is why I think they only checked the larger main beam bulb and not the smaller one.

P.S. If I understand this correctly, that is NOT a headlight but only a daytime running light.
I've no idea, this is my first car. When I turn the lights on from the stick (twisting up) only the driver side lights up unless I put the full beams on, which you don't do unless your on an open road.

·
Banned
1,850 Posts
which is why I think they only checked the larger main beam bulb and not the smaller one.
There is NOT two bulbs, probably.
Most have one bulb with two elements inside.

What I meant was: Instead of guessing about what the "shop" did, find out for sure.

And the next time something goes wrong, don't take a wild guess and then tell someone else what to do........tell them what the problem IS and let them do their job to figure it out. ;)

You probably need to do that now with the present problem......assuming that they changed the right bulb and it still doesn't work.

How old is the vehicle ?
Since this is your first car, you do understand about warranties.....right ??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts