Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, just wondering if anyone else has had this issue.

The plastic piece that forms around the passenger seat, where the level is to adjust the seat back, has broken. It looks as though the area where the screws are that hold this piece in are not very sturdy. I have only had this vehicle for 10 months now and I am hoping that this is something that is covered by warranty.

·
Banned
532 Posts
Should be, FWIW they had terrible issues on NF Sonata's and seat trim brackets, actually put out a TSB on them, save the items.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have this problem as well. Pressure is put on the bracket from getting in and out of the passenger seat which causes the clip that holds the front part of the trim to break. Poor design i.m.h.o.

I'm having mine fixed during my next service.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have had this issue and fixed by the Dealer once already and it broke again recently. Will be going to the Dealer in the near future.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Many many many of us that had the "rocking drivers seat issue" had the plastic skirting break/snap/fall off....
it sounds like it was very poorly made - but they were all fixed as they were broken by the dealer during the "seat fix". I bet you 80% of us that had the rocking seat issue, had the broken plastic around the seat issue....

·
Registered
10 Posts
The clips on mine have broken for the second time, Hyundai says it was damaged and wouldn't cover under warranty. I have asked dealership to resubmit, as this was replaced under warranty the first time. I believe it is a design flaw. If Hyundai refuses again, is there a way to appeal this decision?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Mine on the passenger side broke after 3k km, and is broken again now. Replaced the first time under warranty.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts