Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I have just purchased the Iload Classic panel van and I need to turn the passenger airbag off, a I have a 2 year old who needs to sit in the passenger seat. Can I do this, or does anyone know if the airbags are safe in this model for a facing 2 year old?

Many thanks!!

Al

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Typically you is not supposed to have small children/infants in a front seating position due to airbag.. safest thing to do is put child in 2nd row seat with child facing rear while in properly attached car seat.

Reactions: Red Raspberry

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that. There surely must be a way to disable an airbag?
So are you saying that I may need to buy and fit an additional run of seats behind the cab seats? I have been quoted £1400 supply and fit for a row in the back. That's uk price and I was shocked? Do you know where a member of the public can buy the seats direct?
Many thanks

Ag

·
Registered
538 Posts
If the passenger air bag has an 'occupancy sensor' you will be able to disable it that way. Does the airbag / seat belt system sound an alarm when you move off if an adult passenger sits in the passenger seat and doesn't fasten the seat belt? If it does you will find there is a pressure switch in the passenger seat cushion, look underneath the seat for a small 2 pin connector that runs up into the seat. The switch in my i30 allegedly disconnected itself at about week 2 of ownership as it would keep sounding the seat belt alarm when I put a laptop on the seat and drove away. In the i30's if the seat is not occupied the airbags don't deploy on that side. I personally believe as the lawful owner of a vehicle we should have the choice to disable all airbag systems if we choose, I wear glasses when driving, the thought of being blinded by the steering wheel boss smashing into my face as the airbags deploy is frankly more scary to me than being killed. My opinion only and not to be taken as professional advise.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Out of interest has anyone figured this out? We are looking to buy an iload but would need to deactivate the airbag so our child can sit in the front with car seat? Struggling to find anywhere online that tells you how to do?

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,308 Posts
Out of interest has anyone figured this out?
I could be wrong but I don't think a commercial vehicle will have an occupancy sensor with a light on the dash. I think you would need to disconnect the passenger airbag and connect a dummy load in it's place.

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated

1 - 7 of 7 Posts