Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my LWB GLS for less than two weeks and have a dumb question. The passenger air bag off indicator is always lit on my dash when there is no one sitting in the passenger seat, but it does turn off when someone sits there. The manual implies that is that the expected behavior, is that the case?

It works the opposite way in my Honda (the indicator light stays off until someone the sensor considers to be too small sits there), so I'm hoping this is just a new Hyundai owner education issue. :D

·
Registered
74 Posts
It is working correctly.

My previous vehicle had both "off" and "on" lights, but you really only need one light to tell you the status. ;)

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I'm so used to the Honda after ten years that having the passenger air bag off indicator lit seems wrong somehow. Glad to hear the issue was with me and not the car. :p

·
Registered
622 Posts
Thanks. I'm so used to the Honda after ten years that having the passenger air bag off indicator lit seems wrong somehow. Glad to hear the issue was with me and not the car. :p
Yea seems weird to have a light on like that, but it's completely normal and working as designed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts