Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else having this issue?

When I go over bumps or rougher pavement, there's some plastic creaking / rattling happening on the lower passenger side. I think I have isolated it to the glove box, because when I open it and press it down in its open position, the noise seems to go away. But that just might be dumb luck.

Anyone else have a similar passenger side rattling / creaking issue?

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
QUOTE (mrod305 @ Nov 1 2010, 12:33 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=367945
Anyone else having this issue?

When I go over bumps or rougher pavement, there's some plastic creaking / rattling happening on the lower passenger side. I think I have isolated it to the glove box, because when I open it and press it down in its open position, the noise seems to go away. But that just might be dumb luck.

Anyone else have a similar passenger side rattling / creaking issue?

TSB already issued on how to repair the concern.. contact your dealer for repair... amounts to placing 2 strips off fuzzy tape in the glovebox door opening to keep plastic on plastic from contacting/rubbing during normal movement with ride harshness.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (sbr711 @ Nov 1 2010, 12:40 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=367948
TSB already issued on how to repair the concern.. contact your dealer for repair... amounts to placing 2 strips off fuzzy tape in the glovebox door opening to keep plastic on plastic from contacting/rubbing during normal movement with ride harshness.
Thanks! I found the answer, after you mentioned it, to be here on the forum all along. My bad. Noob mistake. But thanks for the help!

http://www.hyundai-forums.com/index.php?sh...mp;hl=glove+box

For others: if you have this problem, find the link here and have your Hyundai dealer fix it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts