Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so i got the mufflers and hooked them up! did the res delete as well, Guys putting them in told me the y pipe wasnt needed and that my stock one would work just the same. Was trying to get as close to a g35 as possible, not to loud not to quiet its perfect for me, drone is minimal too =P , let me know what ya guys think!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Right on!

Big Irish, you nailed it on the exhaust. It sounds great all around. No raspy popping on the way up or down when revving it up!

Was it me or were you pogoing when coming down the ramp? That seemed excessive from the camera point of view.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Big Irish, you nailed it on the exhaust. It sounds great all around. No raspy popping on the way up or down when revving it up!

Was it me or were you pogoing when coming down the ramp? That seemed excessive from the camera point of view.
whats pogoing?

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
So, the outlet is centered just like the stock?
I Might grab these and put em on.

So you only did res. delete?

Sounds really nice from what i can tell on the camera

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
yeah, everything fits as needed, only the res delete and the mufflers, i didnt even use the y pipe that i had gotten cuz they said it would barely make a difference and the stock one was good enough ( i know v33 said it was restrictive, prbly is but it made it cheaper to, they charged 240 for the res delete and welding in the new mufflers

·
Premium Member
4,860 Posts
yeah, everything fits as needed, only the res delete and the mufflers, i didnt even use the y pipe that i had gotten cuz they said it would barely make a difference and the stock one was good enough ( i know v33 said it was restrictive, prbly is but it made it cheaper to, they charged 240 for the res delete and welding in the new mufflers
I hate places like this. They either dint have the skill set to put it in or were just to lazy. The cost shouldn't have been more to put in the Y-pipe. it does make a difference as I have gone thru 3 different exhaust set ups. What a bummer. Glad to hear you got it done tho. Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I hate places like this. They either dint have the skill set to put it in or were just to lazy. The cost shouldn't have been more to put in the Y-pipe. it does make a difference as I have gone thru 3 different exhaust set ups. What a bummer. Glad to hear you got it done tho. Enjoy!
agreed. on top of the overpriced estimate they dont want to install a y-pipe?

for $180 my shop fabbed up their own y-pipe and used their own flanges.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well you guys made out well then, this place had the best reviews online by a longshot compared to everyone else in the Baltimore area, just not as lucky i guess 0.o but whats done is done

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yeeah, i honestly really like the stock ones, and didnt want to have too big a profile since i live in towson/baltimore...did you do any kind of setup on your nata numbernyc? noticed u finally got with the program on instagram today haha

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Hahahaha yeah I finally made my Instagram account live. I had it setup 2 weeks ago but never did anything with it. I really like your exhaust setup, I think I'm going to have to copy it ;) I'm placing an order tomorrow morning. Thank you and Texas hit man on YouTube for the idea.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts