Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our 2016 Sonata SE was in an accident back on 9/15. It was nothing major but the repair estimate was still about $9,000. The frustrating part is the car is 90% repaired but the body shop can't get the last few remaining parts from Hyundai. I just asked the shop to send me a parts list of what's outstanding so I can check for myself. It's minor parts like the hood release latch and the hood release cable that don't have any aftermarket parts available but you can't really drive the car without them.

Just curious if any other Hyundai owners are having problems getting accident repairs completed due to parts shortages?

·
Registered
2017 Sonata 2.4GDI Limited, Tech Package, 32,000 miles
1,107 Posts
Our 2016 Sonata SE was in an accident back on 9/15. It was nothing major but the repair estimate was still about $9,000.
Is it worth that much? Did insurance not write it off?

The frustrating part is the car is 90% repaired but the body shop can't get the last few remaining parts from Hyundai. I just asked the shop to send me a parts list of what's outstanding so I can check for myself. It's minor parts like the hood release latch and the hood release cable that don't have any aftermarket parts available but you can't really drive the car without them.
Wrecker parts? The parts on it were used anyway.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Our 2016 Sonata SE was in an accident back on 9/15. It was nothing major but the repair estimate was still about $9,000. The frustrating part is the car is 90% repaired but the body shop can't get the last few remaining parts from Hyundai. I just asked the shop to send me a parts list of what's outstanding so I can check for myself. It's minor parts like the hood release latch and the hood release cable that don't have any aftermarket parts available but you can't really drive the car without them.

Just curious if any other Hyundai owners are having problems getting accident repairs completed due to parts shortages?

I had an accident on 8/13/2021 in NYC, car is still in the body shop without an estimated time when they will have all the parts.

Driving me insane.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I had an accident on 8/13/2021 in NYC, car is still in the body shop without an estimated time when they will have all the parts.
Driving me insane.
Used parts or new? Who's paying for rental car while you wait?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Used parts or new? Who's paying for rental car while you wait?
The car is a company lease so all new parts, Insurance company paid for the first month the company has been paying ever since. Our company will try calling Hyundai to get some reimbursement for the rental due to Hyundai having such a big delay of parts.

Good thing its not coming out of my pocket.

·
Registered
2017 Sonata Sport 2.0T
2,099 Posts
The nation with supply chain delays are starting to affect all products.

I live in the LA area and Long Beach Harbor is full of ships waiting to be unloaded, but there is a shortage of worker and trucker to move product once unloaded.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
The nation with supply chain delays are starting to affect all products.

I live in the LA area and Long Beach Harbor is full of ships waiting to be unloaded, but there is a shortage of worker and trucker to move product once unloaded.
the bottelneck is the crane operators. and, the union in general. crane operators make 250k+yr, and follow their own schedule.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
yeah, oddly they are still worth quite a bit depending on mileage.
my 2016 is a limited, but still showed at 22k for selling to a dealer. don't know how or why. I only paid like 27k for it almost 5 years ago now. so 9k doesn't even hit that half way mark let alone the 80 percent to total.

someone else was talking about a lease about to come due and found his car was worth more on a selling it to carvainia than his buy out.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
my 2016 is a limited, but still showed at 22k for selling to a dealer. don't know how or why.
Dealers give with one hand and take with the other. Higher trade-in means higher new car price.

·
Registered
2017 Sonata Sport 2.0T
2,099 Posts
Dealers give with one hand and take with the other. Higher trade-in means higher new car price.
Its a great time to sell your old car but a bad time to purchase anything new or used. This shortage has really reduced selection and any chance of a good purchase price

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
Is it just Hyundai that's experiencing the shortage, or it's across the board?
Are you serious? Do you live on a deserted island with no method of communications with the outside world?

If you are living the Hermit Style, the shortages are rampant throughout most industries - hit & miss inconsistencies and virtually everywhere on earth.

Happy Holidays to you..... if non-isolation is part of your World these days.

·
Registered
2021 Sonata Limited
4,707 Posts
Are you serious? Do you live on a deserted island with no method of communications with the outside world?

If you are living the Hermit Style, the shortages are rampant throughout most industries - hit & miss inconsistencies and virtually everywhere on earth.

You sure are a happy camper! The poster asked a legitimate question, no reason to be so rude!

·
Registered
2015 Sonata SE 2.4L GDI
84 Posts

Calm down bro, you're in a safe place. Personally I've had no reason to have parts replaced, and don't know of anyone who has so no I'm not fully aware the shortages. Which is the reason I asked, lol.

You sure are a happy camper! The poster asked a legitimate question, no reason to be so rude!
Seems like it's that time of the month for him, it's all good though.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts