Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a new hood, left and right front headlight assemblies and a new bumper.....is there any real gigantic difference between a 1996 Hyundai Elantra Station Wagon and a 2000 Hyundai Elantra Station Wagon in terms of those parts?

·
Registered
87 Posts
On those parts, no, there may be a few different screwhole locations, but that's nothing that can't be fixed with lots and lots of 3/4" screws. It's when you get into fenders and doors that "look" alike that you begin to have problems. Your main issue should be the fact that now your front bumper will not look as stupid as it used to, since you'll actually have a grill now. While you're at the junkyard scavenging your new parts, grab the induction parts all the way to the airbox. I may be wrong, but I think the '96 was the one with no grill, and I know for a fact the 2000 had a grill. If I'm right about this I think the first part or two of the induction system will be a little different, as a teeny, tiny slit in the grill fed the induction.

After you rip the front of your car off, be sure your frame has not been damaged otherwise the stuff you just took off probably won't fit back on...

Hope this helps, and if the '96 does have a grill, disregard all of the induction crap I rambled on about.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i'm not sure about a wagon..... but on a sedan the only parts that will bolt up without any modifcation are the doors .. the difference with the door is in the moldings and their locations .also the power mirror connectors are different ......everything from the windshield foward is different .. the headlight electrical connectors are a completly different style .......also the radiator supports are different and will not accept the headlights or fenders .......so if the headlight don't fit the bumpers will not fit .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts