Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to pass a wire from the rear licence plate up to the centre console (to fit a reversing camera) My problem is to pass the wire under the rear seats. Can anyone tell me how to raise the front of the rear seat slightly so I can do this. I suspect there are plug type connectors near the front of the seats. Once I get this far, the rest will be comparatively easy.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
I would like to pass a wire from the rear licence plate up to the centre console (to fit a reversing camera) My problem is to pass the wire under the rear seats. Can anyone tell me how to raise the front of the rear seat slightly so I can do this. I suspect there are plug type connectors near the front of the seats. Once I get this far, the rest will be comparatively easy.
on 2016 elantra, you have to unbolt the rear of the seat. there are 2 8mm(12mm head) bolts in the back of the seats. they can easily be accessed by lifting up the cover at the very rear of the lower seat. i dont think you can lift the front of the rear seat

·
Registered
8,489 Posts
The reverse signal should come from the transmission gear indicator, aka neutral safety switch. FWIW.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I took my seats out to give them a good cleaning years ago. So, iirc grabbing the lower front of the rear seat, you press down and back. There is a hook like thing on both sides that will release. I think they are bolted in at the rear on both sides.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts