Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a couple of things I want to address on the Tucson Limited we just got. When combined with Premium, they deleted the roof rails. While it looks nice, I'd rather have the functionality of the racks for long and extended trips so we can pack our bikes or multiple strollers for the kids. Looking at some of the ix35 pictures for overseas release, it appears that the roof-rails and panoramic moonroof are not mutually exclusive.

So I'm thinking of picking up a set of rails, but can't seem to find the part numbers for it. The procedure to replace seems fairly simple, but it looks like I'll need the rails plus a couple of small trim pieces?

·
Registered
25 Posts
QUOTE ([email protected] @ Oct 4 2010, 10:02 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=360916
There's a couple of things I want to address on the Tucson Limited we just got. When combined with Premium, they deleted the roof rails. While it looks nice, I'd rather have the functionality of the racks for long and extended trips so we can pack our bikes or multiple strollers for the kids. Looking at some of the ix35 pictures for overseas release, it appears that the roof-rails and panoramic moonroof are not mutually exclusive.

So I'm thinking of picking up a set of rails, but can't seem to find the part numbers for it. The procedure to replace seems fairly simple, but it looks like I'll need the rails plus a couple of small trim pieces?
Are you sure you can do that?
My Hyuandai dealers told me I can't add the rack if I bought the Limited...
That's why I got the GLS...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (stomata @ Oct 4 2010, 10:53 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=360939
Are you sure you can do that?
My Hyuandai dealers told me I can't add the rack if I bought the Limited...
That's why I got the GLS...
Pictures for non-US spec ix35 shows both the panoramic roof AND roof-rails. I know it can be done, it's probably not done here in the U.S. for the law-suit happy culture we have here, that even if you tell the consumers that you shouldn't put XXX lbs of luggage on glass roof you know they'll still do it and if the roof cracks, they'll sue. I haven't racked open the trim on the roof to see if the mounting hardware is there, but I can't imaging that they'd have a completely different roof for Limited w/ Premium in U.S. vs. the rest of the world.

·
Registered
25 Posts
QUOTE ([email protected] @ Oct 4 2010, 12:31 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=360954
Pictures for non-US spec ix35 shows both the panoramic roof AND roof-rails. I know it can be done, it's probably not done here in the U.S. for the law-suit happy culture we have here, that even if you tell the consumers that you shouldn't put XXX lbs of luggage on glass roof you know they'll still do it and if the roof cracks, they'll sue. I haven't racked open the trim on the roof to see if the mounting hardware is there, but I can't imaging that they'd have a completely different roof for Limited w/ Premium in U.S. vs. the rest of the world.
Yeah I know the ix35 has sunroof + roof rail.
But I think the US roof rail is just different from ix35.
Although I would believe you can get some ix35 roof rail to put on your limited by yourself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts