Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Unfortunatly, I’ve had a bit of a tip in my i40 tourer. It’s the base model, so no parking sensors or camera are fitted.

I’ve to replace my rear bumper as a result, but before I go and source one, if I were to buy a 2nd hand bumper with sensors fitted, are they just plug and play?

Or what’s required to make them work?

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,318 Posts
if I were to buy a 2nd hand bumper with sensors fitted, are they just plug and play?
Unfortunately not. There is a bit more to the factory parking aid than just the sensors.

If you want a parking aid it would be a lot easier and cheaper just to buy an aftermarket parking sensor kit and install that rather than try to retrofit the factory system.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately not. There is a bit more to the factory parking aid than just the sensors.

If you want a parking aid it would be a lot easier and cheaper just to buy an aftermarket parking sensor kit and install that rather than try to retrofit the factory system.
Really? I would have though that there would be some factory wiring harness I could just plug into, and just buy the compantsbthat were needed?

Was trying to avoid having to get an after market kit, as I don’t like removing a lot of trim to keep the wiring hidden.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,318 Posts
I would have though that there would be some factory wiring harness I could just plug into, and just buy the compantsbthat were needed?
You might be right. I don't know, tbh.

Regardless, I still think fitting an aftermarket system would be easier and cheaper.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts