Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just went to put my parking break down on a 2003 Tib GT and went to reverse and noticed it wasnt going anywhere...I look at my parking break and noticed it was down but very loose, so it snapped. I need some help please!!!! I drove my car on the highway for a bit - had to get home....it wasnt too bad....and I noticed now that my car reverses but theres definately something wrong with the parking break......is it still engaged??? What do I do?

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
QUOTE (MissMags @ Dec 7 2010, 07:10 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=377733
I just went to put my parking break down on a 2003 Tib GT and went to reverse and noticed it wasnt going anywhere...I look at my parking break and noticed it was down but very loose, so it snapped. I need some help please!!!! I drove my car on the highway for a bit - had to get home....it wasnt too bad....and I noticed now that my car reverses but theres definately something wrong with the parking break......is it still engaged??? What do I do?

Break = broken

Brake = stop

Caliper arms likely stuck in calipers.... new or re-man calipers... Cables stick also,,, new cables..

Need to have diagnosed as to sticking cables or calipers at rear (very common problem)

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh sorry I meant BRAKE....yeah sounds like the cable snapped, im having it checked out today, hopefully this wont cost me much :liebe011:

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
QUOTE (sbr711 @ Dec 7 2010, 10:35 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=377786
Break = broken

Brake = stop

Caliper arms likely stuck in calipers.... new or re-man calipers... Cables stick also,,, new cables..

Need to have diagnosed as to sticking cables or calipers at rear (very common problem)

Well I just found out it was the right hand side rear caliper!!! $193.00 - not too shabby! :banana:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts