Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just replaced the rear discs, pads, and hubs on my 2005 Sonata.
The e-brake was a bit loose before, but it's even worse now.
The e-brake pads looked ok, they had about 3/32" of material on them, I haven't been able to find a spec and the local flaps didn't have one in stock to compare.

I have adjusted the star nut on the rear e-brake adjustment until the wheel won't move and the e-brake still won't hold the car on a hill?

What am I doing wrong?

Is there another adjustment somewhere?
How many clicks should I loosen the star adjuster after the wheels start to move?

Thanks,

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, the backing plates are shot...one is only about half there and the other one has several quarter sized holes in it. I found them online for about $94, but only expensive OEM...is there any affordable options?

How important to replace it?

Don't suggest junkyard...I could barely get the hubs off with my sledge and am impact hammer, no way I'm pulling them in a junkyard!

·
Read Only
538 Posts
Do you have pics of the plates?
You don't want to skimp when it comes to stopping your cah.
How much travel does the ebrake lever have once you adjusted the brakes? Could need a cable adjustment.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just finished adjusting the cable. Didn't realize there was an adjustment inside the console. What a pain to get to!
The bottom half of the passenger side dust shield is missing. That's what has disintegrated. I misspoke. The backing plate itself is solid...for now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts