Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My vehicle: 2013 Sonata Limited - 4500 mi.
Anyone have this problem? When I park on an incline, set the parking brake then release the foot brake, hear a 'creeking' noise from rear. Dealer says "it's normal and nothing can be done" ? I don't think so... Anyone experience this and have it resolved? Would appreciate hearing from you if so. Thanks.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I would suspect it's normal, I've seen that on a number of cars. The parking brake mechanism can slip a little bit before it "digs in" and I think that's what causes the noise.

·
Registered
564 Posts
My car has done it since new (40 months and 45,300 miles.) My friend has a 2012 KIA Optima and hers does the same thing (the Optima is basically the same car as the Sonata.)

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Normal, on both my 11 and 13. The parking brake is not using the disc, there is a small hub with tiny brake shoes for that. You can't see it without disassembly.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Keep an eye on it, like yours mine would creep forward a bit and make a sound. My Sonata's has had a chronic seizing problem since new even after multiple services for cleaning,lubing etc. Sometimes it would drag the wheel after release, or drag and go BANG or drag so bad rear end would wobble then go bang and release. So I've stopped using mine hoping HMC Canada will step up to the plate. Normally brakes are not covered but this seizing issue, something else is going on there why would it keep doing that..
Cross fingers it's fixed for good soon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts