Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed this morning that both rear parking assist and BSD on my 2015 SFS Limited are not working. Other than the button near the shifter to turn off the audible alarm for parking, I don't recall any other buttons or settings that would turn both systems off. I won't have access to the user manual until later this evening. I did clean off the rear parking sensors but that didn't change anything. Am I missing something?? What's common? Perhaps a fuse?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok I feel like an idiot!! After work when I got to the vehicle I checked the left hand dash controls and lo and behold there was a button near the diff lock button but very close to the steering column. You can't see that button or the light when you are sitting in the drivers seat. I must of accidently turned it off when I was fooling around with the Electronic Stability Control button. Sorry for the false alarm. Another lesson learned.

·
Registered
192 Posts
While we are discussing this BSD is there a way to keep the mirror light active but stop the annoying beep?

I find myself not using the turn signal on occasion because of the loud beep. examples; when in a turn lane with an adjacent turn lane and you are in the outside lane. On a busy highway and you have to put your signal on before the car beside you gets to your front as the space between that car and the following car is small.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
While we are discussing this BSD is there a way to keep the mirror light active but stop the annoying beep?

I find myself not using the turn signal on occasion because of the loud beep. examples; when in a turn lane with an adjacent turn lane and you are in the outside lane. On a busy highway and you have to put your signal on before the car beside you gets to your front as the space between that car and the following car is small.
Have you tried that Parking Mute button on the console? Seems to also work for the BSD audible alarm.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Could you have accidentally turned off the switch on the dash. I can never see mine to check for the light as the lights stem hides it.
Seems like a design flaw to have completely "hidden" several control buttons/functions from a driver's view. I have the same problem with my vehicle - different make/model - but same problem. IMO, a driver should have visibility to all controls at all times. That just sounds like something taught in design class 101.

Can you imagine how many accidents might be caused by someone twisting their heads down around the bottom of the steering wheel, underneath the turn signal directional stalk, just to see if the button is on or off, or to adjust the dashboard illumination at night.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Seems like a design flaw to have completely "hidden" several control buttons/functions from a driver's view. I have the same problem with my vehicle - different make/model - but same problem. IMO, a driver should have visibility to all controls at all times. That just sounds like something taught in design class 101.

Can you imagine how many accidents might be caused by someone twisting their heads down around the bottom of the steering wheel, underneath the turn signal directional stalk, just to see if the button is on or off, or to adjust the dashboard illumination at night.
I wish when testing cars they would get drivers that are close to 6 ft. I suspect some short people can probably see the buttons on the dash hidden to many by the steering wheel.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I wish when testing cars they would get drivers that are close to 6 ft. I suspect some short people can probably see the buttons on the dash hidden to many by the steering wheel.
I know this might come out sounding the wrong way, but I think you might be onto something. I looked up the statistics by country and the average male height in South Korea is 1 inch shorter than the average male height here in the USA. Could it be the designers are not accurately taking into account the differences. I know some people are just very tall, and no amount of seat adjustment will make driving a perfectly comfortable experience, but by and large you design for the majority. Maybe they missed the mark a bit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same issue at 25,000 miles, took to dealer, one trip to diagnose faulty right rear BSD sensor. They tried recalibration, did not work.
Had to order part (about $1,200 sticker) and install on second trip.
Seems to have fixed it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2014 Hyundai Santa Fe XL. I am in Canada so my vehicle is equipt with rear parking assist sensors only no back up camera.
After a trip down some gravel roads our system is no longer working. Now after shifting into reverse the system beeps 3 times and the lines you see on the photo flash and continue to flash as long as you are in reverse.Ignore the other warning lights in the picture hte photo was taken with engine shut off. Same thing happens with engine running.
Anyone have any ideas. Don't want to take to dealership if it is an easy fix.
Thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Tkeeney I have the exact same issue with my 2013 Santa Fe, no idea why but interested to know if you hear anything.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts