Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Strange behaviour but we finally caught it doing it. 2007 Sonata GL killed battery about 5 times over last 2 years.
Last week, at night, I was outside next to car - did not touch it - did not even touch keys / clicker - then about 15 minutes later I go back out and the Parking and Dash lights are on. Yesterday got home from 3 day trip and neighbour says my parking lights were on for 2 days. Killed the battery.
This is very strange... as if someones remote was getting lights to go on. Friend says it must be a short, but the car did not move and no-one touched it.
Read about Brake switch, Tail Light relay....
Any other thoughts?

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Replace the I/P junction block... we see random with the left T/S light stuck glowing or marker lights stuck on.

Then after the junction block replaced..... you may find your HVAC fan not run when switched on.. keep eyes/ears open

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (sbr711 @ Aug 4 2010, 03:47 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=347142
Replace the I/P junction block... we see random with the left T/S light stuck glowing or marker lights stuck on.

Then after the junction block replaced..... you may find your HVAC fan not run when switched on.. keep eyes/ears open
Thanks... what's an I/P junction box?

I should have also mentioned that I did blow, twice, the fuse that is for the dash lights and front and rear right side markers.
Any connection?

thanks

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
QUOTE (higrader @ Aug 8 2010, 08:30 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=347927
Thanks... what's an I/P junction box?

I should have also mentioned that I did blow, twice, the fuse that is for the dash lights and front and rear right side markers.
Any connection?

thanks
This is your I/P junction block - and the wiring we take and splice to by-pass the juction block, as it is just in on one connector, and right out on 2nd connector...

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts