Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone on here had any issues with the sunroof closing? I bought my azera used about 6 months ago and from the day I took it off the lot I could open the raise and open the sunroof with no problem. But when it came time to close it the sunroof would do so at a snails pace and even on occasion get stuck and revert back to open. I have been able to force it closed but I'm wondering if the motor may be bad.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did try resetting it and it got stuck open so i had to force it closed while holding the close switch.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Same exact thing happens to my 2013. I'm pretty sure it needs a fresh application of grease but I can't see WHERE to apply it on the track. Maybe someone can chime in on this issue.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've taken it to the local Hyundai dealership and they greased the tracks but it never stays smooth. It usually will close 3-5 times total before it starts to slow and hesitate. I think there may be a bigger issue that they don't want to get stuck dealing with since I do have an extended warranty.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm nervous to try it.. 😷
I've taken it to the local Hyundai dealership and they greased the tracks but it never stays smooth. It usually will close 3-5 times total before it starts to slow and hesitate. I think there may be a bigger issue that they don't want to get stuck dealing with since I do have an extended warranty.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts