Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! Spring is now blooming in Nashville. Decided to open the panoramic roof and it's been a while since I opened last. Noticed that opening has no problem but when closing half way through, it kind of slows down, almost like it's struggling to close. The other day it was trying to close but since it struggled so much it opened again, I'm assuming the sensor thought someone was there and for safety it opened. It did that couple of times so I had to force close it by pushing the button and had to put the finger all the time to close it all the way. Today I tried it again, it's now closing but like the first few times it struggles half way. Do you think it needs some wd40 or something is dry?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Are you talking about the glass or the inside shade?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I had problems with mine not wanting to close sometimes on my last (2012) Tucson. The dealer said they needed to clean and lubricate the tracks. I believe they used white lithium grease.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had problems with mine not wanting to close sometimes on my last (2012) Tucson. The dealer said they needed to clean and lubricate the tracks. I believe they used white lithium grease.
Maybe I need to do that. Do you guys know if stuff like this would be covered under the warranty?

Are you talking about the glass or the inside shade?
I meant the Glass =)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Bumper to bumper warranty yes. Power train warranty no

·
Registered
56 Posts
Although I don't have first-hand experience with this issue in a Tucson, it is not uncommon in many cars to have some issues with the sunroof tracks. When you think about all the dirt that flies into the car and tracks, it's a wonder we don't have more troubles. I know it's not uncommon in my E46 BMW.

·
Registered
2016 Tucson Sport 1.6T DCT
214 Posts
I have owned only one car with a sunroof. It developed a leak. I will never again own a vehicle with a sunroof, at least not while living in the PNW.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bumper to bumper warranty yes. Power train warranty no
Is the sunroof considered as bumper to bumper?

Although I don't have first-hand experience with this issue in a Tucson, it is not uncommon in many cars to have some issues with the sunroof tracks. When you think about all the dirt that flies into the car and tracks, it's a wonder we don't have more troubles. I know it's not uncommon in my E46 BMW.
Makes sense! I'll make an appt with the service department and see if I can have them look at it.

I have owned only one car with a sunroof. It developed a leak. I will never again own a vehicle with a sunroof, at least not while living in the PNW.
I never had any leak problem with any of my sunroof cars that I've owned fortunately.. Finger crossed but honestly cars these days specially the new ones don't have any leakage problem I believe, they are so welt built..

Anyway, it's been closing pretty well for the past few days surprisingly... still kind of slowing down pass that little point. I'm just afraid service team will be like "well we cant fix it if the problem cannot be replicated.."

·
Registered
75 Posts
Did you by any chance get a resolution to your problem? My sunroof has been doing the same thing, although I have to admit guilt at having had it opened when it was 0°C/32°F outside and the owners manual explicitly states not to use it in cooler/cold ambient temperatures.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did you by any chance get a resolution to your problem? My sunroof has been doing the same thing, although I have to admit guilt at having had it opened when it was 0°C/32°F outside and the owners manual explicitly states not to use it in cooler/cold ambient temperatures.
I did. It was the fact that I haven't opened the roof for ages. Like over 6 months or so. I had to just give it a good wipe around the edges and now closes and opens just fine

·
Registered
75 Posts
I did. It was the fact that I haven't opened the roof for ages. Like over 6 months or so. I had to just give it a good wipe around the edges and now closes and opens just fine
That's good to hear, my sunroof also works fine now that it's warmer out. It's started to pull the exterior seal in when it closes though so I'll have the dealer get a new one put in there for me. I noticed the twisting has cracked it a bit.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Car went in yesterday to look at the sunroof pulling the passenger side exterior seal in when it closes.

They found that the one time the sunroof bound up and wouldn't close caused the passenger side tilt lever arm to bend slightly, which is what has been catching the seal and pulling it in.
When that part comes in they're installing it under warranty for me, so we shall see if that fixes it~

·
Registered
5 Posts
They need to be lubed up once in awhile. Take it to the dealership and they should be able to do it no charge. Mine did the same thing this year

1 - 13 of 13 Posts