Hyundai Forums banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Santa Fe Limited
144 Posts
Nice. Glad to hear that the dealer fixed it. Mine is still making a little noise. I noticed that when my vehicle has been washed, it is quiet for a few days...but when it starts to get dusty dirty - maybe after five days or so, it starts to make noises again.
Do you actually open and close your pano roof?

Since I don't open mine I wonder if that is why I do not hear any sound coming from it. :rolleyes: (knocking on wood)

·
Registered
2020 Santa Fe Limited 2.0T Awd
827 Posts
Do you actually open and close your pano roof?

Since I don't open mine I wonder if that is why I do not hear any sound coming from it. :rolleyes: (knocking on wood)
Yes. I tend to open it quite a bit when the weather is nice...but since the snow has arrived, it will be closed 4 months.

·
Registered
20 Posts
So I just purchased my SEL 2.0T with the pano roof and since I am a convertible/sunroof guy I love it, especially here in AZ where we have so much sun but.......... after reading these comments over the last week I do believe I have a rattle when the screen is opened but the roof is closed. I will keep track and when it goes in for its first service in a few months I will mention it. If it gets worse I will go in earlier but with just 142 miles on mine so far, to hear a rattle isnt really a good thing. My wifes Elantra and my daughters Kona roofs are fine but they are a single smaller section. Heck my 06 Jaguar with 78K on it doesnt rattle but again its a different type of roof setup.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the creaking pano sunroom problem also on my 2.0T Santa Fe Limited Ultimate, my retirement present to myself. Have been to the dealer in Cary, NC 6 times so far. After wasted trips of lubing and making so-called "adjustments" which did nothing, they then replaced the movable window on another trip...no improvement. Finally, they replaced the entire pano assembly and the car road quietly for about 5 months and now the creaking is back worse than ever. I asked the shop foreman if there was anything I could do and he said Hyundai recommends doing nothing for the maintenance. I take it back again tomorrow for service and have an appointment with the service manager and the guys who's been working on it. I sometimes enjoy riding in silence without music and squeaks, creaks, and rattles are bothersome to me.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I have the creaking pano sunroom problem also on my 2.0T Santa Fe Limited Ultimate, my retirement present to myself. Have been to the dealer in Cary, NC 6 times so far. After wasted trips of lubing and making so-called "adjustments" which did nothing, they then replaced the movable window on another trip...no improvement. Finally, they replaced the entire pano assembly and the car road quietly for about 5 months and now the creaking is back worse than ever. I asked the shop foreman if there was anything I could do and he said Hyundai recommends doing nothing for the maintenance. I take it back again tomorrow for service and have an appointment with the service manager and the guys who's been working on it. I sometimes enjoy riding in silence without music and squeaks, creaks, and rattles are bothersome to me.
I am the same way. I also sometimes enjoy riding in silence....so the creaks and rattles become a little annoying. I have noticed that my roof tends to be silent when my car is cleaned for the first few days. When it starts to get dirty/dusty again, the sunroof creaks become more noticeable. I have also noticed creaks/rattles from the rear windows and the silver trim around the gauge cluster.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I am the same way. I also sometimes enjoy riding in silence....so the creaks and rattles become a little annoying. I have noticed that my roof tends to be silent when my car is cleaned for the first few days. When it starts to get dirty/dusty again, the sunroof creaks become more noticeable. I have also noticed creaks/rattles from the rear windows and the silver trim around the gauge cluster.
I too had rear rattles and found the problem to be the retractable security cover ... remove it to see if rattles
go away

·
Registered
827 Posts
I too had rear rattles and found the problem to be the retractable security cover ... remove it to see if rattles
go away
Interesting. I used to drive with my cover stored and don't think the rattles went away....but will try storing it again just to be sure....but I'm doubtful it will help.

·
Registered
2019 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T AWD
859 Posts
I think it's just the rubber seals rubbing against whatever it is next to. No amount of adjustments or replacements would resolve that. I used to have a Lexus that did the same thing; every couple of months, I'd wipe the rubber seals with WD40 which would stop the creaking for awhile. Didn't work with the SF, tho.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I think it's just the rubber seals rubbing against whatever it is next to. No amount of adjustments or replacements would resolve that. I used to have a Lexus that did the same thing; every couple of months, I'd wipe the rubber seals with WD40 which would stop the creaking for awhile. Didn't work with the SF, tho.
This is what I'm thinking also....but then again, I just wonder if it is a quality control/manufacturing issue. Some say their roof is silent. Some complain about the creaks and rattles. I wonder how the 2021 is regarding squeaks and rattles. I assume it would be less with the updated platform that is more rigid.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts