Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
As the weather gets warmer the noises are getting worse and in my car happen on nearly all road surfaces now. The car was so solid and quiet before all this started - I hope Hyundai can address the issue.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I ordered this rubber conditioner https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004B8GTQG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I applied it this weekend to all the sunroof seams and all the noises are gone! Quiet car is back. I hope it will last for 3-4 months at least, but we will see. I applied it every place that looked like a friction point or where a seal was. Next time I will try just from the top with the roof closed on all the visible seams and see if doing that only does the trick.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello; 2019 Santa fe ultimate. I too notice the noise on the roadways. It gets worse with warmer weather. Can anyone advise me on what i need to do. Took it to dealership and they said they fixed it but they didn't.

Thanks
Derek

·
Registered
1 Posts
2019 2.0 T april purchase and noises getting worse .... also having probs with the gas pedal being stiff and low to the ground Getting sciatica prob from it !

·
Registered
5 Posts
Dropped off my 19 SF Limited to dealer for the problem with the roof creaking, sure enough service manager called to say they can't replicate the problem!.

I am also hearing squeaking sound from driver's seat when car is turning or braking. They can't replicate this either. Anyone else with the seat problem here? Any advice?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Dropped off my 19 SF Limited to dealer for the problem with the roof creaking, sure enough service manager called to say they can't replicate the problem!.

I am also hearing squeaking sound from driver's seat when car is turning or braking. They can't replicate this either. Anyone else with the seat problem here? Any advice?

Thanks.
Your mistake was not to go with the service tech to SHOW/HEAR the noise
If they won't do this you have a poor dealership----find another

·
Registered
30 Posts
'Gummi Pflege Stift' Rubber Care Stick referenced above has minimized/eliminated the noises/cracking since I applied it 3 weeks ago.

·
Registered
116 Posts

Thanks.
I had a squeaky seat that was driving me crazy. Made an appointment and took it in. Had the Service Manager sit with me in the car and duplicate the squeak. Get a call 6 hours later that the car is done. Service adviser hands me the paperwork "Tech could not replicate issue but lubricated seat track"

Was not a happy camper. Went out to the car and drove 5 feet and the squeak started again. Went back inside and got the Service Manager. He went to drive the car and it happened for him. He took the car back to the shop. A few minutes he comes back and said they found the problem. Turns out it was the seat belt anchor point at the floor. It only squeaked when the seat belt was fastened.

Service Manager was great; service adviser, pretty useless.

Try some silicone lube at the seat belt anchor. You have to move the boot up to get to it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I had a squeaky/rattling noise above my head for the last month or so. I could of sworn it was the sunroof. Tried everything to fix it but no success. One day I was determined to find the problem and I started to think it could be the handle that was above my head that you grab to get in or out of the car. I unscrewed it and drove around an entire day with it off and that was the problem. The metal piece that's attached to the roof where you screw into was loose and rattled around. I put a piece of felt so when I screw the handle back in it would push up against the metal piece so it can't move around. That fixed the problem. Not sure if you or anyone else may notice that but it's worth a shot to see.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mine was very squeaky as well. Dealer technician said the glass was manufactured improperly and ordered a whole new glass roof. I've only had it back for a day now but so far the rattles and squeaks are gone!

·
Registered
2 Posts
2019 2.0 T april purchase and noises getting worse .... also having probs with the gas pedal being stiff and low to the ground Getting sciatica prob from it !
I’m so glad I saw this about the gas pedal! My husband thinks I’m crazy! When we bought ours, I was 8 months pregnant and wore tennis shoes that had a thick sole that added 2 inches and now without them, I cannot find a comfortable position in the seat no matter how much I adjust it or the steering wheel! Drives me nuts!

·
Registered
2 Posts
My sunroof just started this tonight. And my car now has 39,200 miles on it. Bought it new last october and it never did this. Regardless of weather. And tonight it literally sounded like two piece of glass rubbing against each other, and then making a popping sound. They had a massive lawsuit in California Bc these cars had their panoramic roofs exploding on people.

·
Registered
2020 Santa Fe Limited 2.0T Awd
827 Posts
So I noticed today that my sunroof has also started to make a little noise. I noticed it wasn't as pronounced when I close the shade (I usually have the shade open). I guess I'll climb up and make sure the screws are tightened as well as lubricate the seals whenever we get some milder weather....or I'll mention to the dealer when I take the SF in for an oil change.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello everyone,

I own a 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0 purchased in November 2018 and has less than 15000 km on it. I have been getting creaking/rattling noises from the pano sunroof and it's been a while. Went to dealership-Agincourt Hyundai and they told me that it could be an adjustment problem. I asked them the reason and they said well if I could listen the voice withing 20000 km or less than a year from the purchase date then it could be factory problem but as I have passed a year from my purchase date and therefore they can't tell me the reason until they diagnose. They have handed me a quote which included 5 hour (260$ CAD) diagnoses as the technician may need to take it on road couple of times and the price/quote for any adjustments/fixtures will be given after the diagnoses.

My wife drives the vehicle and I asked her that did you notice the noise and she said she's been hearing the noise ever since we purchased the vehicle but she thought it's normal so she dint bother telling me about that. I researched on google and found that many owners have been came across to the problem and waiting to hear from Hyundai. Please advise shall I go ahead and pay the dealership for diagnoses or should wait. Not sure if Hyundai is taking any actions or has been notified about the problem.

Please share if there's any easy fixtures available so that I don't have to pay the dealership.

Thanks,

·
Registered
827 Posts
Had my car checked today for the sunroof noise. Dealer said they couldn't anything. Which is so funny because it was absolutely silent on the drive home. I guess if it starts to make noises again or gets worse, I will record it and take it back in.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Visited Hyundai service today with this problem. As I understand they used "TSB 20-BD-001HG" bulletin (probably part of it). I found it on the internet. File is attached.
They say "Noise not completely eliminated" but actually it got much better so far. I almost cant notice that noise. Will see how it's going to be.

Attachments

·
Registered
827 Posts
Visited Hyundai service today with this problem. As I understand they used "TSB 20-BD-001HG" bulletin (probably part of it). I found it on the internet. File is attached.
They say "Noise not completely eliminated" but actually it got much better so far. I almost cant notice that noise. Will see how it's going to be.
View attachment 452588
Nice. Glad to hear that the dealer fixed it. Mine is still making a little noise. I noticed that when my vehicle has been washed, it is quiet for a few days...but when it starts to get dusty dirty - maybe after five days or so, it starts to make noises again.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts