Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
My pano roof is very creaky. Going to take it in next week. Does anyone have this experience and did they do to fix the issue
thanks for your help

·
Banned
7,037 Posts
Hi
My pano roof is very creaky. Going to take it in next week. Does anyone have this experience and did they do to fix the issue
thanks for your help
New?

Best practices for requesting help:If you haven't done so fill in your vehicle info and profile page. At upper right corner under the search box click on user cp (it's your control panel)
This info will show up to the left under your user name and is very helpful.
BE SURE TO ADD YOUR LOCATION SO WE KNOW WHAT MARKET YOU ARE IN.

• Be sure you are in the correct forum for your vehicle.
  • Do a search for your problem. A lot of stuff has been asked and answered.
  • Do not double post for the same problem.
  • Give the model year....Engine size...transmission type (auto or standard)
  • Take a single issue at a time. Posting multiple issues at once will get convoluted very quickly
  • VIN number can be very helpful
  • Vehicle history can be good. How many miles. If not bought new, how many have you put on it.
  • Describe the problem best you can. If a noise can you get a sound or video file
  • Tell us what has been done, if anything, thus far. If tests have been performed give actual results not OK or passed. If scanned for codes the actual code(s) not O2 sensor or MAF, Etc.
  • If the vehicle has been to a repair facility it would be nice if you could post a picture of that invoice/bill
  • If your vehicle is under warranty you should have the dealer check it out. If it's a problem they see many times they will generate a safety recall of TSB. This is how they know of the problem.

This information can save a lot of time and get you the answers you need much faster.

Thanks,
Welcome aboard.

Reactions: Xsolara

·
Registered
‘19 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T; ‘22 Tucson Limited 2.5
1,881 Posts
The good news is that there have been few such complaints thus far. Hopefully, they will sort out your problems quickly. Good luck! I’ve only opened my roof twice. I really have no need for it. There’s plenty of light coming in elsewhere in the car.

I belong to the Hyundai Listens Owner Community. My advice to them was NOT to make sunroofs standard on the top level vehicles.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Mine was as well. Took it in and they greased it, which had no impact whatsover. Got up there with an allen key and wrenched the crap out of the big bolts along the front edge of the open sunroof (sort of below/behind the popup windscreen). Amazingly a few of them weren't all that tight. Stopped the creaking dead and it hasn't come back. Give that a shot.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Mine was as well. Took it in and they greased it, which had no impact whatsover. Got up there with an allen key and wrenched the crap out of the big bolts along the front edge of the open sunroof (sort of below/behind the popup windscreen). Amazingly a few of them weren't all that tight. Stopped the creaking dead and it hasn't come back. Give that a shot.
Good to know, but funny that they greased the weatherstripping. That’s what they do for squeaky doors so I guess they just it out of habit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Glad I found this forum! My 2019 Santa Fe pano rood is doing the same thing! Finally recorded the sounds to play back for service mgr. they attempted to fix it last week and it is still making the same sounds. ?. Taking it back this week and will share info I’ve read here!

·
Registered
39 Posts

+1

I tightened mine down after reading this and the noise went away. Thanks!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am having this problem but do not understand what screws/bolts are being tightened. Can someone who has made the adjustment please post a photo of the location of the bolts to tighten?

Thanks!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I noticed this too, after opening and closing the sunroof a few times. It's not noisy, but it bothers me. Can anyone share some pictures what screws to tighten?

·
Registered
9 Posts
having this problem on my 2.4 Limited with less than 4000 miles as well...
hard for me to tell if the noise is coming from above or behind me, sounds like very slight tap? maybe plastic parts?

·
Registered
9 Posts
just as an update, I took my car to the dealership for this issue.
Originally, they made it sound serious and told me they'll need to take apart the whole sunroof structure to find the issue, gave me 3 days estimate to fix.
They called today and told me there was a bulletin from Hyundai that stated panoramic sunroof needs occasional conditioner and lubricants on the rubber seals. Informed me that this needs to be part of regular maintenance.

Supposedly, that fixed the nose issue. I'll know when I pick up the car this weekend.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Originally, they made it sound serious and told me they'll need to take apart the whole sunroof structure to find the issue, gave me 3 days estimate to fix.
They called today and told me there was a bulletin from Hyundai that stated panoramic sunroof needs occasional conditioner and lubricants on the rubber seals. Informed me that this needs to be part of regular maintenance.

Supposedly, that fixed the nose issue. I'll know when I pick up the car this weekend.
This sounds like something easy to DIY. Does anyone know what products they use for this?

·
Registered
2017 SFS 2.0 T Ultimate
821 Posts

Sounds like what Kia did/said originally with the 2016 (?) Sorento only turned out to not be true. Ford said the same thing with the 2015/2016 Edge as well (although never followed long enough to see if that really was the case or not).

IF it is true/correct, then just seems to be endemic with Pano roofs.

In the case of Kia it was a new rail kit or something, if memory serves, and only affected that one model year, AFAIK.

·
Registered
‘19 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T; ‘22 Tucson Limited 2.5
1,881 Posts

Your car, like my ‘19, is virtually brand new. I’d be surprised if the noise is fixed. Their treatment sounds like the old “fresh air and sunshine” flim-flam. In other words, they do nothing tangible to repair a problem.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Drove the wife's car the other night and sure enough I could hear a very faint rattle/creaking from the sunroof. I pointed it out to my wife, then she was pissed because she never noticed it before, now it's all she hears.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts