Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Everyone - 2014 Santa Fe Limited question.

Is it normal for the pano roof to make a squeaking noise when closing? It sounds like the rubber seals are rubbing against each other. I tried lubricating everything that impacts the roof moving (the rubber and metal parts) and with teflon dry lube, but it only worked a couple of times before the noise came back. Something is definately rubbing somewhere, since the closing of the roof slows down when the noise is happening. Is this something I can fix with lubrication, or just do I just have to live with it.

Thanks for your help.

UPDATE: I was able to stop the rubbing with the silicone lubricant. I actually bought this stuff:

Super Lube 56204 O-Ring Silicone Lubricant, Clear

Kind of a very thick clear liquid, but went on well. I put it in between and on the rubber roof seals. Hopefully it lasts a while.

·
Registered
2017 Santa Fe XL Luxury
27 Posts
Move the vehicle out of the sun. Apply silicone (not lithium) based grease liberally to the rubber, getting in between where the seals touch. Massage the grease into the rubber (use a plastic putty knife in the groove) and let sit for a few hours. Come back and wipe off all of the grease with a clean cloth, not paper towel. Make sure you wipe the groove thoroughly as you don't want to attract dirt. With the engine off and start button pushed to "on", get someone to open and close the glass while you stand on a step stool to listen during operation. Sit in the cabin to listen as well. You should only hear the motor(s) and a soft gliding sound of the panel guides on the rails. Slow operation of the roof accompanied by a gritty sound could mean dirt/debris on the rails. To help with this, try the procedure I used in my post titled Pano Roof Maintenance. GL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts