Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know if other people have the following problems with the Elantra GT GLS.

1- I have seen a few threads with people having some issue with craking sunroof. So I know it a problem on some of them.

2- One of the hook in the trunk started rusting this summer anyone else have seen that problem with there Hyundai, I have seen that they are the same hook on almost all Hyundai.

3- The plastic of the tail light had a bump in the middle, at first I was thinking it was a click to remove the plastic and have access to the light... after going for my 1st oil change I have notice that it was a defect....

Everything is getting fix by Hyundai right now... the car been at the dealer for 2 weeks now, they have fix everything, but have broken the antenna and damage a lot of the paint on each side of the pan roof.... They are fixing those issue this week.

Also the new pan roof doesn't follow the front windshield as it was before, Im just not sure if I should think about changing the car next year or keep it...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Could you provide some pictures to illustrate what you are saying? That would help me a lot to see to look out for.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Also the new pan roof doesn't follow the front windshield as it was before, Im just not sure if I should think about changing the car next year or keep it...
I think pictures would help quite a bit with your questions, but here is my take. The problems you mentioned aren't any major sort of mechanical issues that would concern me, so why even think about changing the car? Sure it is a pain to have things fixed under warranty as it takes your time, but if they are fixed there is nothing there that causes me concern if it were my car. The taillight is a very minor issue and a quick fix and I would need to see pics of the hook that started to rust to see if that would cause me any concern. Assuming they fix the sunroof and you keep an eye and no more rust develops, sit back and enjoy the car!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry no picture for now since the car is still at the dealer and I didn't have any pictures before sending it to the dealer

1 - 5 of 5 Posts