Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
I would move up to the top line model, regardless. The SEL I saw on the dealer’s lot had that chintzy rooftop antenna. I suspect that is deliberate to move the buyer up to the more expensive model.

But before I would make a final decision in would also check out the Kia Telleride which edged out the Pallisaid and the writer in Motor Trend were effusive in their paise. Believe they compared it to vehicles costing $30K more. It probably comes down to personal taste. As to the vehicle itself it is a wonderful vehicle. I would have bought one but I was unwilling to pay that much in monthly payments. On the pluse side, the residual is 61% which will lower the lease payments. But expect to pay through the nose. The only discount is the $500 veteran discount. Good luck in finding one.
If you get the SEL with navigation and Sirius/XM, you’ll get the shark fin antenna.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
The limited would be nice. The SEL offers the 2nd row bench where the Limited doesn't offer that. The reason we want that option is for our dog when we go somewhere like to the campground or long vehicle ride. Our dog is on the larger side. If we had the dog in the 3rd row, it would kill our cargo space. We want to make sure we have enough cargo space as well as creature comfort. If the dog was smaller, he or she would probably be able to curl up on the captain's chairs. One other thing is finding one with a tow hitch. I would like to have the 2 inch receiver mainly for our bike rack. The other nice is for smaller trailer towing. Yes I have a Super Duty for most of towing needs but if I'm at work and I needed to borrow a trailer, I can just hook it up to the vehicle and go. Keeps the miles off the truck for smaller stuff.

Anyway, this is all future stuff. Who knows what is going to happen. I am hoping to have something what ever I decide on by next summer or later. Either way I need some additional down payment funds and get one of the vehicles paid off. As I stated before my truck was an unexpected payment.

·
Registered
349 Posts
To me this is a no-brainer. The Palisade is a fantastic vehicle. But good luck on getting one at much less than full price.
I got mine $2500 under MSRP.

These are fine vehicles. They're made for larger families. We have 3 kids and it's perfect since we have other passengers with us quite often.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts