Hyundai Forums banner

Palisade Performance/Satisfaction

7K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  Eric2203 
#1 ·
I am interested in purchasing the Palisade or Genesis GV80 and I am particularly interested in the Driver Assistance performance regarding Lane Keeping/Centering, but would also appreciate any other inputs and recommendations as well. I have also had great difficulties in obtaining service under warranty on my current vehicle and would like to hear any Hyundai service experiences. Thanks in advance.

#4 ·
We had pretty good luck with the service for our Santa Fe until the last visit when they decided to say the vehicle "needed" $1,500 + in work. It needed none of it. Now we won't go back to that dealer. Not because they tried to do the pressure sale, but because the advisor argued with me about us not doing it. We've had them do the pressure sales before, but have just done it as suggestions. This guy was more like we are going to do it, or your not getting your car back. There are numerous posts about Hyundai not honoring warranty issues. They honored everything for us, but we had very few warranty claims.

On the lane keeping, my wife recently rented a Santa Fe that had this feature. She said it was very annoying and fought against her when she was trying to change lanes. She said she was using her turn signal, so as far as I'm concerned a signal being on should defeat the lane assist feature. It's not good if it actually fights you on an intended lane change. I wasn't in the vehicle, so I can't say firsthand what the experience was.

#5 · (Edited)
The Palisade lane keep assist and other intelligent driving aids have been compared to Mercedes, only better. I've not driven the M/B version, but I am amazed at how well the Palisade can drive itself on the highway.

As for dealership service - so many are just based on the owner's leadership and culture. Ours is great, but absolutely have had bad experiences with many different makes.

#7 ·
On the lane keeping, my wife recently rented a Santa Fe that had this feature. She said it was very annoying and fought against her when she was trying to change lanes. She said she was using her turn signal, so as far as I'm concerned a signal being on should defeat the lane assist feature. It's not good if it actually fights you on an intended lane change. I wasn't in the vehicle, so I can't say firsthand what the experience was.
[/QUOTE]

I have nearly 4000 miles on my Palisade Limited and yes when you engage the turn signal the lane keeping function takes a pause to allow you to change lanes without fighting the steering wheel.

#15 ·
First and foremost always do business with a great dealer before you even buy. Really easy in today's world and the internet. Look for cars with the dealers name on them and ask the owners even.
Some dealers don't want to put the extra effort in after the sale.
I had a problem with my 2009 Victory motorcycle The rear pulley had cracks in it. I dropped it off to my great dealer. The salesman called me back and said the adjuster had come and denied the claim. The salesman gave me the 800 number for the warranty company. I called and explained about the problem. He said hold on the adjuster took a ton of photos. He asked me to hold while he talked to his manager. He came back and they approved the repairs. Sometimes you do your own foot work.
Follow up about your problem.

#16 ·
I only take my cars back to the factory dealer when it is a warranty issue. I have a local garage that is absolutely superb that does all my routine work and has for over 25 years.

That being said I have owned a 2008 Vera Cruz, 2011 Sonata and now a 2017 Santa Fe Ultimate AWD. I have been to 3 different Hyundai dealers in the Louisville area and have had complaints about all 3 as for customer service but never a problem with covering something under warranty. I have gotten service or recall bulletins from Hyundai and taken the cars in to be fulfilled and never had a problem. I had a steering problem on the Sonata which they fixed with no questions asked.

On a different note I recently bought a Toyota Rav4 Limited AWD with their Advanced Electronics Package, much like the 2017 Ultimate package it has every electronic feature they offered. I must say that the electronics on the Santa Fe are much more responsive and consistent then the Toyota much to my surprise. I had always heard how great Toyota's are and expected equal to or better performance but that wasn't the case. Also, the RAV 4 dash and touch screen is not very user friendly when compared to all my Hyundai's. I thought that maybe it was just me being a senior, even though I have worked in the electronics field all my life, but when my 14 year old, straight-A grand daughter agreed I didn't fell so bad. ?

#17 ·
I only take my cars back to the factory dealer when it is a warranty issue. I have a local garage that is absolutely superb that does all my routine work and has for over 25 years.

That being said I have owned a 2008 Vera Cruz, 2011 Sonata and now a 2017 Santa Fe Ultimate AWD. I have been to 3 different Hyundai dealers in the Louisville area and have had complaints about all 3 as for customer service but never a problem with covering something under warranty. I have gotten service or recall bulletins from Hyundai and taken the cars in to be fulfilled and never had a problem. I had a steering problem on the Sonata which they fixed with no questions asked.

On a different note I recently bought a Toyota Rav4 Limited AWD with their Advanced Electronics Package, much like the 2017 Ultimate package it has every electronic feature they offered. I must say that the electronics on the Santa Fe are much more responsive and consistent then the Toyota much to my surprise. I had always heard how great Toyota's are and expected equal to or better performance but that wasn't the case. Also, the RAV 4 dash and touch screen is not very user friendly when compared to all my Hyundai's. I thought that maybe it was just me being a senior, even though I have worked in the electronics field all my life, but when my 14 year old, straight-A grand daughter agreed I didn't fell so bad. ?
I've had a similar experience with my 2012 Sonata. It hasn't been a very pleasant ownership experience (the car is on its second motor) but everything has been taken care of without too much trouble when there are TSBs and/or recalls out. A few complaints about the dealership's service department, but in my opinion, still one of the better ones out there, so I can't complain too much. And I bought the Palisade from there as well.

Regarding Toyota and electronics: it seems to me that Japanese manufacturers have a great reputation for reliability but have always been behind on electronics. At least the in-cabin ones. Toyota only started supporting Apple CarPlay on 2019 models if I'm not mistaken (I think some 2018s could be updated) and are barely scratching the surface on Android Auto (I think only the Avalon supports it for now - maybe more for 2020). Honda's been behind as well and are only recently integrating better screens and phone mirroring software. Nissan doesn't support phone mirroring across the board either, nor does Mazda. That's one reason we didn't consider their competitors to the Palisade. I'm less familiar with Subaru - maybe they're better.

Seems to be a Japanese thing...

#18 ·
I also was undecided between the Palisade and GV80 but decided on a Palisade limited because it can carry four golfers and our bags behind the second row and believe the GV80 will be somewhat smaller and not capable of carrying four golf bags. The Palisade limted is really quite luxurious and rides great and I'm happy with my decision....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.