Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all

i purchase a 2020 palisade limited. 47k pluss some change I believe.

but from all the reviews I see on you tube I notice things I don’t have for example
my dashboard wheel currently is. Smart/sport/confort/eco. And. SNOW

in others I see the first part is the same BUT the second part is. Sand/mud/snow

so I was wondering does anyone knows why am I missing those 2 selection?

wile doing a online search I now starting to see a. Limited-ultimate?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Following. But I believe that the ultimate is only in Canada but has the same features and trim of the limited that the US has. But I could be wrong so i am following to hear what others say

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hello to all

i purchase a 2020 palisade limited. 47k pluss some change I believe.

but from all the reviews I see on you tube I notice things I don’t have for example
my dashboard wheel currently is. Smart/sport/confort/eco. And. SNOW

in others I see the first part is the same BUT the second part is. Sand/mud/snow

so I was wondering does anyone knows why am I missing those 2 selection?

wile doing a online search I now starting to see a. Limited-ultimate?
The Korean model has Sand, Mud and Snow. The Canadian model also has these 3 modes.

In the US, Hyundai has decided to only provide the Snow mode.

According to MotorTrend, Hyundai US says that the Snow mode will work fine for mud and sand:

And yes, @chi-chi is correct: Ultimate is a trim level in Canada, not in the US. It is roughly similar to our Limited.

Other examples of "missing" features in the US include power-folding mirrors and 3-LED arrays for the front headlights, which would have provided what Hyundai calls Dynamic Light Bending on some models (i.e. the light turns when you turn to show you where you're going). At least, I believe that's what the 3-LED array does on the Korea model.

Not sure whether Canada has those last 2.

Why we don't have all these features? Who knows? Maybe an opportunity for Hyundai to add them to the 2021 model year and claim they're new features.

EDIT - Forgot to add: a lot of reviews were done with the Korean model, which is why you see them in YouTube video. Try to find newer videos made in the USA in the past 2 months or so.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks now I don’t feel as bad. A few years ago I got a limited-ultimate Santa Fe
To find out later on that it dint have the tech package. I was mad as ****. So now I’m looking at everything Lol

thanks again for clearing the confusion

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
I 100% sure you can swap your 2-Leds to KDM 3-Led healights. If I would be luck to go with palisade I will for sure do that! Also, power folding mirrors are easy to do as well, it needs only a new KDM/EDM mirrors set and harness to connect under the dash, even though no any extra module needed for that. Koreans just decided somehow to keep Kia more upscale, instead of in Korea and other countries it is different.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts