Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Well, it would be interesting to learn why somebody would buy a base model when they expected it to have features included in higher end models. ???? After all, the Palisade brochure details everything a buyer needs to know.
Would be interesting to learn why somebody would not fully read a question prior to assuming someone is an idiot. From my original post . . .

“Bought a Palisade about 2 weeks ago. No auto start and no electric lift gate (much to my chagrin)” (emphasis provided).

I obviously know my trim line does not have these features.

I had unlocked all the doors from the button located on the driver’s door and from the button on the keyfob. Yet the hatch would not open when I was pushing the button located ON the outside of the vehicle.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Come to think of it, is this a safety issue?

Let’s say I have a serious accident. Something jams against the interior door lock of one of the 2nd row doors. Fire/police/medics try to open both of the 2nd row doors and the back gate/hatch to extract occupants. None of them will open. They then try the electric lock button. Still can’t open. Precious time is spent opening the vehicle with jaws of life.

Given, this is not a scenario that’s likely to happen, much less to the majority of owners. But if it was my kids or friends in the rear seats . . .

·
Registered
41 Posts
Actually, I DID check the manual first, as well as used Google.

“ . . . found where this was happening to the Hyundai Tucson. Wondering if the Palisade has the same lock actuator.”

It’s baffling to me. But when a question is asked, why would people not read the entire question prior to answering?
I wasn't reacting to your question. I was reacting to your other statements. Also, I wasn't even answering you when I said that I was baffled that someone wouldn't look at the manuals first. I was quoting someone else. But since you're calling me out:

You wrote:
"I’ve driven nothing but GM vehicles my entire life. Bought a Palisade about 2 weeks ago. No auto start and no electric lift gate (much to my chagrin)."

Well that's not true. At best, it's inaccurate. Some trim levels do have these features. You could have explained that you were referring to the specific trim level that you bought (and technically, option packages change that too). And by the way, that's why the first reply you got in this thread was about trim levels.

You also wrote:
"(Had to call the dealer last week to find out driver’s door needed to be unlocked to open the gas door.)"

That's documented in the manual under "fuel filler door". So you could have figured that out for yourself.

Either way, while I do agree Johnnz's comment was too harsh, I do think you could have been a lot clearer in your explanations and I'm not sure you need to call everyone out now. Some of us did have a point.

I do hope you continue to enjoy the vehicle. Still waiting for ours to be delivered unfortunately, so I'm envious of the fact that you have yours.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts