Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at the Palisade but need to know the dimensions of the cargo area with 3rd row folded. I have a hefty stroller for my special needs son. With governors shutting down businesses, I can't visit dealership. Can someone post width (area between tires) and depth? Thanks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
From just inside the tailgate to the start of the wheel wells the width is a little over 53".
On top of the wheel wells with width is a little over 55". The wheel wells are flat on top as it is essentially the armrest for the 3rd seat. I could see a piece of plywood on top of the wheel wells extending toward the rear. This would make a 55" shelf. Would be supported by the wheel wells plus some sort of support at the tailgate.

By the way, if you are going to be regularly loading and unloading the stroller, you might opt to put some sort of protection on the floor. I bought the one that Hyundai makes back in July as nothing else was available. It is very functional and allows for one of the third seats to be used as it is split down the middle. However, I never use the third seat so I bought the Weathertech cargo liner that covers everything back there very well. Plus it will hold a spill well. Another option with this liner is that you can get a drape that attaches to the edge of the liner that rolls out over the bumper to protect the surface. I use this when hauling heavy trash or other heavy objects. Otherwise it is a bit of a pain for everyday use.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts