Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My young daughter hit my rear quarter panel with my other cars’s door. I’m interested in this dent repair and will have a guy coming out. It looks like he will come in through the liner to fix it. My concern with this repair is it will lightly scratch my black paint in the process. How many are pleased with their paintless dent repair?

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
My young daughter hit my rear quarter panel with my other cars’s door. I’m interested in this dent repair and will have a guy coming out. It looks like he will come in through the liner to fix it. My concern with this repair is it will lightly scratch my black paint in the process. How many are pleased with their paintless dent repair?
If he knows what he is doing you will be impressed. I have a guy in Austin I have used several times over the years and he makes dents disappear like a magician. Seriously crazy what a good PDR man can do.

If you do end up with some light scratches in the paint, try McGuires #25 polish. That and a little elbow grease will get out minor scratches and hazing.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Since I have done my own forever I had to watch a guy take on a coworkers Vette one day? Nice vertical crease straight across that horizontal pleat in the door wher they all get door whacked in parking lots. A half hour of massaging it via the window channel above and it was perfect again.
It’s fantastic and cheap as long as the paints not broken and of course if that’s the case you need some paint work most times. It’s a real art form working those long hooks, impressive to say the least.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts