Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's winter and not many people have this thought on their minds but, Anyone here thinking about painting their SE rims?

I think it's a sick design plus it's already 18s. So if anyone is trying to save money on tired and rims might as well paint em.

I think they'd look pretty sick in black.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I think he was referring to most people swapping rims for the winter roads. Maybe making it easier to have them painted.

·
Hyundai-Forums.com Vendor
369 Posts
I'm considering stripping and powdercoating my Limited rims. I mean they're only 17s but I keep them clean :)

Its that or spend $1300 or so on the 18s I want!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Here is my red SE with the wheels painted black.....okay, I didn't actually do it...this is just a quick "photochop" on the computer. I'd actually like to try this with a picture of a black SE...not digging it on my red.

·
Banned
873 Posts
with my honest opinion, painted stock wheels = bad bad badddd!, if its on a old 90's civic or accords with painted stockers than yea it guess it goes well with the theme but i just dont know about painting on bran spanking new 18inch hyper silver wheels which are meant to go along with the bodylines of the yf... although gloss black on genesis coupe track wheels on genesis's look great.. im just not feeling them on sonatas at all, and it looks way too 'highschool' if you know what im saying ;)

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
QUOTE (kace @ Nov 12 2010, 03:51 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=371073
I feel like trying a bit loud color for my rims. Is this ok? Honest opinion please! :) Thanks in advance!

Candy orange or just plain chrome?

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=147...137095276325729
I feel its a matter of personal preference. If you are considering painting then I would recommend you to power coat them and not paint. IMO I would chrome them, or polish them and have them power coated clear. This will save the trouble of hand polishing them. They loose a bit of the shine when they are cleared but very little. but the color option is not my thing, it looks a bit ricey.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Black, alloy, chrome, and in rare cases, color-matched to the body. Otherwise, I say pass.

Or in this case puff-puff-pass.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yeah, done right (Powder Coated), can make them look very nice indeed. Personally I'm thinking I may just sell my stock 18's on ebay and then buying a set of undecided 18's that would fit the stock tires I'll already have. Just got my Sonata last week so they're barely used.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts