Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone here knows a way to remove this interior door trim (red portions) on my 2013 Elantra GLS. Currently in the process of cleaning up and fixing a bunch of dumb stuff the previous owner did to it (such as the red paint seen in the photo).

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In my original post people just talked about the easier trim (around dash and gear shift) but no one really helped with the door

·
Registered
235 Posts
Jeesh! It looks like a poor man's Bugatti Veyron. What ever you do, don't use paint stripper or thinner. Harsh solvents can actually attack the plastic and create a bigger mess. You'd wind up missing the lipstick-red trim! You'd be best off by removing and repainting the offending panels.

·
Registered
13,373 Posts
In my original post people just talked about the easier trim (around dash and gear shift) but no one really helped with the door

Well, at least who did it did a good job of it, even if it does look...:eek:

Unless you can get a plastic razor blade (auto parts/auto body supply store) and get a place you can get under it and lift it off, I'm afraid you may be stuck. As others have said, replace the bezel, and the door trim too.

While you're looking for a plastic razor blade, if you go to an auto body supply store, have them look at it. After (s)he recovers from the shock, they may be able to identify the paint and suggest a method for removal.

If it's a urethane, like Krylon, good luck. That stuff it basically plastic that bonds to the surface. Unless you can get it to start chipping off, it's on there...if it's a dye, see what the local junk yard has for good quality panels.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts