Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! So I’m 2015 paint splattered in my lease car and since it was 29 degrees outside, there was no way I washing it off with the hose, and all the car washes were closed... my lease ends in 1 month and I kinda want it off, but it’s baked in :/. anyone have any ideas on how to get it off?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Forget it. Either it's easily removable and the dealership will do so with no problem (better than you could since they do it all the time), or it can't be removed and the car will require repainting in which case there's nothing you can do about it anyway.

·
Registered
274 Posts
You can always try with clay bar. It worked for me as I bought a brand new 18 Sonata with Ultimate pkg almost a year ago and it had some black overspray on the hood. I didn't ask them to fix it as they would probably polish it out and leave swirl marks. I used clay bar and it came right off. Then I sealed it with optimum opti seal.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I totally agree with the clay bar. I wouldn't have believed it, but then I tried it myself.

I had VERY good success removing spray paint from a passat I had. It was not directly sprayed on it, but it was VERY bad at least to me. Wife was trying to be clean and spray paint some items in the garage. Her car was outside and I drove our other car that day. Our passat was in the garage. :( I come home and was like...OH NO....crap...the paint spray settled and was all over the car. I used Meguiar's clay bar kit. It worked absolutely great. Now that I think about it, I need to use it on my wife's van. It has something VERY sticky on it. It makes the paint surface clean and amazingly smooth and slippery again.

Here is the product on Auto Zone.

https://www.autozone.com/wash-clean.../meguiar-s-smooth-surface-clay-kit/896844_0_0

This is after the initial removal. The hood was the worst..then the roof, then sides and back wasnt that bad. Hood was done another time or so a few days later. I sold it a few months later or maybe a year later. I was washing it and everytime I could find a spec...but that was just me being picky lol. It did look great.

These are the before and then right after cleaning. I think I cleaned it the day of...or the night because I just got off work. Then a few days later to get it really good looking again. The last couple was months later before selling it, those are the posted selling pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
274 Posts
I also used Meguiar's. However, I don't like using their detailer in spray to keep surface moist as it leaves some marks and you have to wash the car again after claying. I use water with car soap so the only thing I have to do after claying is rinse the car with water.

·
Registered
13,349 Posts
True kocyk123, but that wax spray if I remembered...sure made my garage smell good. :) And it worked decent between cleanings and a real wax.

It sure did! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts