Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Santa Fe Limited 2.0T AWD Stormy Sea
155 Posts
Or you can do it the old fashioned way (same product, different application technique). Take your car to the wash and then use this (in the shade and not on a hot car).

It's on sale at Amazon right now (6-2-2020)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Be careful with the ceramic coatings as if you need to recoat them after, they often need to have them mechanically polished off the vehicle before recoating. I prefer a sealant with a traditional wax for maximum protection. With that, it is as easy as washing with a chemical wax remover soap and re coating. Always amazes me how many people never know what a clay bar is for...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Be careful with the ceramic coatings as if you need to recoat them after, they often need to have them mechanically polished off the vehicle before recoating. I prefer a sealant with a traditional wax for maximum protection. With that, it is as easy as washing with a chemical wax remover soap and re coating. Always amazes me how many people never know what a clay bar is for...
Hello people,
I'm thinking about apply a coat of a wax that I saw people are using and it say something like 'ceramic coating' and wax

Anyone having experience with this kind of product?
I use McKee's 37 Ceramic SIO. It is a bit pricey at about $45 for 4 oz but you can do over 4 cars with it as you spread it on very sparingly. They recommend a prep coat of their product which I did use. Both very easy to apply and remove. I belong to a group of car guys that we meet weekly at a car show. We are all using it now after trying several different products. I was using Zaino but too many steps and even more expensive. Since our new Santa Fe will be outside I want it protected. I don't know if a link is alowed on this forum but you can just google it. BTW This is my first post here as we picked up our 2020 Santa Fe Limited yesterday.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
i've been using zaino for 20+ years. only thing i do is first the z-aio, then z-2. sometimes, if i dont apply for a few months, i will reapply aio, but back to z2. sometimes just z2. way back when, i used clay bar, but no more. i finally bought a pressure washer and a foam cannon. the chemical guys honeydew is great stuff, but it all boils down to just labor, there is no easy way, unless you hire someone

·
Registered
64 Posts
As requested-----REJEX is:
RejeX® is a thin-film polymer coating designed to provide a high-release protective finish for vehicles of all kinds. This very thin film – less than a micron thick – prevents stains and adhesion of common contaminants such as exhaust, bugs, oil, tree sap, bird droppings, road grime, brake dust, etc.
When I took the new 2019 SF back to dealer after 6 months, I asked them what they put on the car. The finish is so flawless and almost keeps itself clean. The dealer said they use a proprietary Paint Protection Film applied by their detailer. When I asked the name, they just smiled and wouldn't ask. What ever it was it is now 18 months since new and it is still amazing. I am afraid to add wax and maybe screw it up. So check out who makes Paint Protective Film.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Or you can do it the old fashioned way (same product, different application technique). Take your car to the wash and then use this (in the shade and not on a hot car).

It's on sale at Amazon right now (6-2-2020)
A better price on Amazon

·
Registered
509 Posts
I have used the Clay bar & spray water on the paint method before didn't like it. messy wet, process if you ask me left my right arm sore b.s. never again." I use a 2 speed paint buffer & mother's paint cleaner quick & easy.

·
Registered
2020 Santa Fe Limited 2.0T AWD Stormy Sea
155 Posts
I have used the Clay bar & spray water on the paint method before didn't like it. messy wet, process if you ask me left my right arm sore b.s. never again." I use a 2 speed paint buffer & mother's paint cleaner quick & easy.
It's been my experience that you'll never get off what the clay bar gets off with a buffer and paint cleaner. The "clay bar" I use isn't even clay. It's more like a puck and it is very easy; especially if you do it regularly. The old actual clay bars were/are effective but messy, like you said. I just did my sons car when we washed it with simple car soap in water. Came out baby-ass smooth with only a little more effort than washing the car.

This is what I use.

If paint is really bad the old clay bars are better, but if you clay regularly this is very easy. There are sometimes areas that the puck won't get to so I keep a couple traditional bars around.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Cool (y)

might give it a try some day I like the fact that the pad Looks much bigger to cover more surface area. vs using the silly old small size Clay stuff I once used.

·
Registered
5 Posts
McGuiars CMX is great as well. Did my Santa Fe early December 2019 and still shedding water like crazy. Bugs are starting to stick more to front so probably need to renew the front

21 - 35 of 35 Posts