Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
We pay more for EVERYTHING in Canada. I was hoping to get it done for $500 but sounds like I am getting more than you did.

·
Registered
21 Posts
3M stone chip film installed

I installed my own 3M film from Clear Defender and it took about 6 hours to do.
Installation on the mirrors was the most difficult because of the shape.
The rest went on fine, you must get closeup to see it. The front half of the hood and bumper parts, mirrors and side fenders front quarter.

·
Registered
39 Posts
My Dealer offerred 3M paint sealant, 3M film and upholstery treatment for just under $600. All damages are covered under warranty.

Because I plan to keep the car in my family for the duration, it seemed to make sense to me. I also bought an extended warranty for $1,300 that covers pretty much everything besides the normal wear items (with $100 deductible) for 5 additional years after the factory warranty expires.

All personal preference stuff. If you like peace of mind for a fixed price, it's a good deal. If you are fine to assume more risk, save the $. No right or wrong answer... For me, I made the correct choices and am very happy with my car and it's coverages.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I installed my own 3M film from Clear Defender and it took about 6 hours to do.
Installation on the mirrors was the most difficult because of the shape.
The rest went on fine, you must get closeup to see it. The front half of the hood and bumper parts, mirrors and side fenders front quarter.
what did you spray on the car to help with the sticking of the film? Soapy water?

·
Registered
21 Posts
3M film installation

I watched Clear Defender's videos and followed them carefully. They are very good, but be sure to watch them all first, as some show you tricks to help with installation.
The water with a little soap actually prevent the film from sticking and allows you to reposition if necessary. There is no hurry if you keep the film sprayed, you can move and adjust multiple times. Water with a little alcohol is used to speed the film sticking when it comes time to stretch the film.
Stretching the film is the trick to a good installation on curved surfaces and prevent wrinkles at some edges. It has been on 3 months and cold weather has not affected it at all. Looks good and no more chipped paint.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Anyone know where I can get a full hood Venture shield/clear film? I have no problem installing it myself, however, I have had trouble finding a kit that will fit over the entire hood. Don't really want to do the 1/2 hood due to the line - I have a black car that will collect wax and make a white line...don't want that :-(

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am thinking of getting the 3M clear bra on the bumper and hood. I live in bug country where a 5 mile drive on the highway gets lot of bugs on the bumper and I had rock chip yesterday on the bumper that made a 2mm indent into the plastic.

I am still undecided as to which way to go.

1) Regular Bra @ $73.95 Brand: LeBra 2012 Hyundai Sonata Le Bra Car Bra - 2310+ Reviews on LeBra All Weather Car Bras - Best Price

2) 3M clear bra for Bumper and 20 Inches on the hood for which I got a steep quote for $650 yesterday.

I dont mind the regular bra appearance as long as it protects the bumper form bugs and rock chips this season. But, is there some scraping damage to the paint with these bras?

21 - 27 of 27 Posts