Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Paint Peeling Enquiry on 2010 Accent Onyx blue I noticed after my first touch less car wash after approx 1 month the trunk seems to have a few spots of paint that are peeling and was wondering if anyone else had similar issues, i did read some on the Sonata threads but figured i would ask specific to the accent. I imagine and hope if it's just a small issue i can buy a pen patch it and wait and see if it gets worse before blowing the warranty coverage 1 month 2k km's in.

I did call the dealer and they said to bring it in right away so that is a good sign.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
QUOTE (Supe @ Apr 20 2010, 04:30 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=315044
Paint Peeling Enquiry on 2010 Accent Onyx blue I noticed after my first touch less car wash after approx 1 month the trunk seems to have a few spots of paint that are peeling and was wondering if anyone else had similar issues, i did read some on the Sonata threads but figured i would ask specific to the accent. I imagine and hope if it's just a small issue i can buy a pen patch it and wait and see if it gets worse before blowing the warranty coverage 1 month 2k km's in.

I did call the dealer and they said to bring it in right away so that is a good sign.
It's peeling and you can see the steel underneath or there's paint under the paint (as if it had been repainted)?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just remembered it's the bumper so it may be plastic but looks kind of brownish underneath and looks chipped right down. I can see two distinct layers.

·
Registered
724 Posts
take it in before it spreads and looks like crap. especially if its the bumper, because if it starts flaking, they may just say you hit something.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Take it to the dealer. Also, the warranty on paint is 36/36000. I bought an 09 Accent dark when I worked at a Hyundai Dealership. I drove it off the truck, drove it on the PDI and then bought it. Ha Ha pretty cool. Anyway mine had a spot under the rear quarter window that paint was coming off. You could see it was from bird crap but they fixed it anyway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts