Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a 2019 Tuscon Ultimate and I find the paint to be really soft. It shows scratches very easily and despite how anal I am about my vehicle this really drives me crazy. Where I really notice it is along the narrow strip between the rear hatch and the back bumper as well as under the rear window across the back of the hatch. The paint is showing spider web type hazing and the only way to get it out is by using Nu Finsh Scatch doctor and then applying Mequiar's Ultimate. I wax my vehicle three time a year and inbetween wax jobs I use Mequiar's quick detailer. After comng home and the car is cool I always use a California Duster to keep the vehicle looking good. I traded a 205 Kia Sorento and I never had this type of problem with the paint?

Anyone else noticed that the paint on the Tuscon is on the soft side?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I also think the paint could be better, light scratches will always show up on dark colors more easily, I also wax every 3 months or so and have for many years, and I use a dust mop every couple days , I use NU Finish exclusively, The scratch doctor can help but it doesn't seem to be permanent... :)

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think that the paint on the Kia products is much better than Hyundai. Not sure why as they are under the same roof? I used NuFinish for a number of years but getting NuFinish on the vinyl is a huge problem and one that takes a major effort to correct. Great shine though and long lasting. The Mequiar's Ultimate on the other hand can be applied over the vinyl and it shines up really nice and this eliminates the need for another product to dress the vinyl and there is a lot of vinyl on the Tuscon. Now if I could only find a product to remove the rust particles that collect on the doors and especially the rear hatch. These are nasty and RustX is an arm and a leg to buy!

Thanks for the comeback...much appreciated!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts