Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
No TSB/Recall that I know of. Pics might help, but in general the paint warranty is 3 years/36,000 miles. Since you are past that point, there is basically nothing that Hyundai will do under warranty for your paint.

·
Banned
4,119 Posts
And before one starts blaming Hyundai for poor quality..... A friend of mine who owns a beautiful black BMW (not sure what model), 3 years old, had just found out his hood's paint is flaking all over.... The dealer told him he could have been hit by some chemical sprayed by a moving truck or any similar scenario. he had to pay for it himself.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
QUOTE (mamamia @ Apr 28 2010, 02:24 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=317685
And before one starts blaming Hyundai for poor quality..... A friend of mine who owns a beautiful black BMW (not sure what model), 3 years old, had just found out his hood's paint is flaking all over.... The dealer told him he could have been hit by some chemical sprayed by a moving truck or any similar scenario. he had to pay for it himself.
I parked beside a new 328i one day, and casually checked out the paint. Everywhere I
looked was light orange peel. My Sonata's paint was and still is exemplary.

I guess it's possible for the paint robots to have a bad day even on the best cars.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
QUOTE (bobad @ Apr 28 2010, 03:55 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=317695
I parked beside a new 328i one day, and casually checked out the paint. Everywhere I
looked was light orange peel. My Sonata's paint was and still is exemplary.
I am lucky - I never had any desire to own a BMW product for any number of reasons - you just gave me one more reason.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I knew a female that use to wash her car with dish washing liquid. One day she asked me why her paint was flacking, chipping and cracking. I replied with, "since you didnt believe me about using dishing washing liquid on a car and how it can take off some of it's clear, then what can I say...OPPS". $5000.00 later after her new paint job, she was asking me what should she use to clean her car. Point is, sometimes its the weather, acid rain, salt, sleet, hail, and the wrong use of cleaning agents but it is up to us to try and prevent some of the damage to our car's paint.

·
Banned
792 Posts
I saw a PT Cruiser yesterday that looked like the entire front end had an "oatmeal skin" paint option. Flakier than Michael Jackson.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts