Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apologies if there's already a thread here.
Just noticed the paint (Oyster Grey) on the front grill bubbling.
A large piece had already flaked off and a few other smaller areas are starting to show.
Car was bought in Jan 2010.
Have just emailed this (poor quality) pic to my dealer.
Anyone else had this problem?
Thanks
Mark

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Kestrelraven... thanks for PM (I don't know how to reply to this!). Spoke to dealer today. Need to take it in. Will let you know what they say.
Car was bought in Jan 09 and it's only been hand washed since then.
M

·
Registered
29 Posts
QUOTE (Mark Leigh @ Jul 26 2010, 04:45 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=344950
Kestrelraven... thanks for PM (I don't know how to reply to this!). Spoke to dealer today. Need to take it in. Will let you know what they say.
Car was bought in Jan 09 and it's only been hand washed since then.
M
I have kind of had the same problem with bubbling but with rust beneath http://www.hyundai-forums.com/t50492-i10s-love-rusting33.htm I can guess that the dealer will say nothing can be done as it looks like it has had impact, this seems to be their anti perforation dodge. I had to take mine in again recently but they couldn't use this excuse because of the positioning, this is currently being put through Hyundai. Performance wise my car has been great but the cosmetics are really suffering. Goodluck

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The bit bubbling is the plastic frontage. Took it in today; they've taken photos and will send these to Hyundai... stayed tuned.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got call today; re-spray approved by Hyundai. They don't know what caused it but have booked it in for 9-8.
M

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Belated update: dropped car off Monday morning and it was ready Tuesday midday. Did really good job - they resprayed the whole of the bumper. Well done Hyundai and well done T W Whites (my dealer).

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe. About a month ago I took the car to get the windows tinted and saw what looked like water drops on the hood. When I went to wipe them off I realized they were bubbles in the paint. I took photos and emailed them to Hyundai Maufacturing plant directly for them to review. I work at HMMA so I was lucky enough to talk with the QA dept. (customer claims) This is the dept. that deals with all customers comlaints about defects with their cars that are made at the dealerships. I took my car to them and they flaked off one of the bubbles and saw rust under the bubble and said that there was no ecoat (primer) on the hood which is what was causing the defect. They checked the systems and realized that the paint color has changed from 2007 to the current units so they could not repaint for me directly but informed to go to the dealership and have them waranty it out. I took it to the dealership and they tried to tell me that it was caused by bird poop and they coulnd't warranty and I was also over the 3yr 36,000 mile warranty. I explained to him that the manufacturing plant knew what caused the defect and they needed to fix it according to them. He said that he would have to get approval from his boss before they would fix anything. I still have not received a call back from them and its been 3 days since I spoke to them. I will pass his name and his bosses name off to HMMA and have them handle these two guys at the dealership for trying to lie to customers.

I know of two people who have 2000 Tiburon and a 2007 Tiburon where the trunk lids on both or fading out and peeling. Both of these are waxed on a regular basis and are experiencing the same problem.

I would recommend to anyone looking at guying a Hyundai to go else where. The headache is not worth the minor features you get. Spend the extra thousand or so and get Toyota, GM, Chevy, Nissan etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts