Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any problems with the paddle shifters? The down-shift paddle on my SE stopped working. Of course this is the one I use most to overtake; thank goodness for the stick shift. Mean while I guess I'll have to take it in to the dealer for repairs but any ideas how long it will take? I'm assuming Hyundai does not offer loaners? I guess I got spoiled by BMW.

·
Registered
255 Posts
They will give you a loaner. Just make sure you take it to the dealership you bought it from. At least that's what I have to do if I want a loaner.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My downshift paddle stopped working about two weeks ago. I took it to my local dealer. They are ordering both up and downshift paddles. The upshift is not feeling the way it did when new. I have about 8000 miles and got my SE in March. I don't want to do this every 6 months for 5 years. I think that eventually they will come out with a more "robust" set of paddle switches. I also have a CEL for what they called a stuck valve with something in the emissions controls. With the steering column recall, I guess they will be busy.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mine stopped working as well. The dealer ordered a replacement but only the left one (downshift) has come in. It's been weeks, but the right shifter has not come in...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Paddle shifters 2011 Sonata SE

My downshift paddle stopped working, had it repaired, Upshift paddle stopped working twice had it repaired twice, The Console shifter would not work at that time also. Yesterday Both paddle shifters and console shifter stopped working. Took car in to dealer, he ordered a new module for the system. This seems like a design problem, Hyundai says its not a big enough problem, They say i use it too much, I should be able to use it every minute i drive. If it is part of the car it should be made to be used

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
This thread had not been posted to in close to 3 years. It would seem that this is not at all a common problem. My paddle shifters have never malfunctioned, but then I don't drive with them all the time either.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought my 2011 in 2010 and i have had the problem since then, They usually work for about six months then something goes wrong with them.The service manager says he has seen the same problem on other Sonata SE

·
Registered
1 Posts
Paddle Shiffters defect again...

OK this is my second time replacing those paddle shifters within a year on my 2012 SE 2.0T :mad: I hope this isn't something I will have headaches with. Unless thats all ready a fact :( Got under 60K kilometers and the turbo is often acting up as well (power loss). There was a recall for the turbo fix and had it done (selenoid switch actuator wrong voltage and heats up as well). Worked for a few months now intermittent power loss happening again... same pattern as last time till turbo stops completely and actually compresses when solicitated thus stoppping the car in acceleration instead of contributing to power, enough to make the car impossible to drive! Just like having 25 HP under the hood instead a 274, dare to try and take the highway with these conditions. At your own risk. I hope this gets fixed asap geeez.

Take away these two substential issues and this car is a blast for a family car with amazing fuel economy. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts