Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe it's just me but I think this color is hot. I wanted something different than black, white, silver, or grey. It seems like 90% of all cars on the road are one of these 4 colors.

I wanted a blue and the indigo blue is too flashy for me and the baby powder blue I thought was fugly looking.

·
Registered
41 Posts
QUOTE (sonatahyd @ May 21 2010, 12:10 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=325057
Maybe it's just me but I think this color is hot. I wanted something different than black, white, silver, or grey. It seems like 90% of all cars on the road are one of these 4 colors.

I wanted a blue and the indigo blue is too flashy for me and the baby powder blue I thought was fugly looking.
I made the same choice, basically because it was available and my wife liked it. Looks great! Negatives are shows water spots big time and I recommend tinted windows in our Florida heat. Seems to have made a big difference to me. You'll want to clay and then wax to really show off the great finish on your new car!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have a Cadillac STS that is a similar color. It is really nice. It is a PAIN to keep clean. It is easier to keep a white car cleaner looking. It does look amazing when properly polished.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I have the same color.

When i got it it was at night and i really thought the car was black, i wake up the next morning and see it in the sun and all i could say was WOW.

So many people think my car is black (ive even gotten "arent you the kid with the black benz outside" haha)

Yes, it is a pain in the you know what to keep clean but it is a great color, especially in the sun.

i recommend debadging the car it looks great and clean.

[attachment=18202:debadged.jpg]

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
It took my dealer a couple of weeks to locate as they
only had one with beige interior which IMO
did not go with the Pacific Blue

I have the gray interior and it rocks!

People also say it looks black in certain light

Bob

·
Registered
72 Posts
I also choose this color with the grey interior. The first thing everyone says is "I love the color". I'm extremely happy I got it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I think you folks are absolutely correct: when that blue colored car is clean, it's one great looking car. That's why I narrowed it down to my favorite color when I was first in the market for this Sonata.
I was certain: I wanted nothing but this color, and they were a bit scarce at first, in Ltd w/Nav.

Then I kept seeing more of these, over the weeks that I kept shopping, and most of the time they were NOT clean.
And like someone else said here, waterspots showed especially prominently.
And it looked pretty-much black, most of the times that I saw one.

So then I changed my color choice just before I "ordered" mine from the dealer: it was just TOO MUCH like black for me, and black always looks like an airport transfer service car to me.

btw, I am still waiting for my "ordered" car at the agreed price (but that's another story).

I still like this dark blue the best though, when it's totally clean.

Enjoy your Sonatas, guys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts